Forum

national teams

Created 19th January 2009 @ 15:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »

Jowy

Watching team scottland/wales/whatever getting raped 8-0 in under 10 minutes by Sweden, Finland, Germany etc. would be really entertaining, right?

Stealthy

wizzo

Not read really anything in this thread. But it should be kept as TeamUK. No point in splitting it up theres no question about it. Me- being a faggot and scottish, i couldnt stand the thought of having team scotland, team wales etc.. its bad enough in real sports how bad scotland is at anything, i dont like the thought of continuing this trend into gaming… lol. Plus i think its hard enough to find people to create a good competitive team for UK as it is.

Kolox:-
Hmm, only division 1/2 players get the priveledge of representing their country… So really its just a private party for all you pr0s? Its not about winning – as you said, it is about representing your country/pride..

Cmon nations dont pick players from your local towns 5 aside pub football team to represent your nationality/country, they pick the best lets be fair. Same applys to any games that play in a national league etc. Be realistic man.

Insert flames below

Bury

let a poll decide : )

KOVACS

Fuck a poll. This isnt a democracy.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

+1 BACK AT YA KOVACS

Swarley

cool^m

stealthy, your mum.

ShoX

Sir
dp.

I find it quite worrying that you’re willing to write off the efforts of Scotland, NI & Wales without even giving it a go. You never know they might surprise you.

And numlcoked, I don’t need to go away and re-think my opinions – I formed them of my myself, gave them plenty of thought and they haven’t changed. You seem completely entrenched in your beliefs to the point you seem unwilling to even discuss the matter in a sensible way. The attitude with which you deliver your opinion devalues any point you make massively.

I can see both sides of the argument, those who believe that the *only* way to enjoy competitive European level TF2 is by amalgamating England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland under the banner of the UK and can’t envisage a time when each country could be successful under their own steam and those who think they should be allowed to play for their countries no matter how bad they may initially be.

I’m with the latter, it’s also worth noting that I’m a pretty much entirely retired TF2 player nor is it ever likely I’d be at the level where I could compete for a spot in Team England.

As you quite rightly said numlocked you’ve said it in previous posts – if you’re going to reply include something new, I’m well aware of your point of view.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

no

JimmyBreeze

k^m

I understand that the thing with Team UK is complicated because everyone in the UK has a weird dual-citizenship (as a citizen of both their home nation, Scotland/Wales/N Ireland/England, and of the UK as an entity). But forget the sports comparisons and performance hypotheticals.

If a country can find 6-8 willing players, whether it’s Scotland, Belarus, or Georgia, they should be allowed to compete.

This isn’t an “elite” comptition, it’s a nation’s cup. Nor is it a Finland, Sweden and Team UK cup. It’s a contest between nations. There are no rules about players must come from division 1 or 2. Nobody says to Hungary/Czech Rep/etc that they aren’t good enough to participate.

The bad teams will lose to the good teams in qualifying/group stages. That’s what these preliminary stages are there for. If a “bad” team gets through: well done, they deserve their place.

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

I understand that it’s fair for people to want to be ‘given a go’, even if their team sucks and dies at the very start. That’s cool with me, if you want to get humiliated very early on, go for it.

My issue is that as a result, Team UK now suffers, and whereas previously the collected UK Team could could compete at the very top, the 4 nations now individually are very weak and most likely couldn’t hold their own against the Finns or Swedes.

Is it worth it?

Waebi

‹Con›

Best solution: Make a scandi comp and a UK comp. No one will feel left out.
edit: oh wait, arent the friggin finns all div1? DAMN.

kolox

obs.

“stealthy, your mum.”

You mean.. yer maw?

daf

yoyotech
Hey dats!

Why the fuck does everyone keep referring to skill etc in this argument? Do you people people really think that this is what the argument is about? Actuallly, nm I might actually catch the retardedness if I continue to waste my time on this… it’s contagious I tell you…

Well, IF there is a scottish team (or something else, wales, NI). Would a top player like stealthy be forced to play for scotland? or can he still play for the UK?

Tbh thats the main question!

I dont got any problem with making scottish or wales team or whatever but if a player as stealthy has to suffer from these new teams. Than there is something wrong!

I believe italy also has this problem. There are a few very talented players arround in Italy but they don’t wanna play cuz the management of team italy is done by an “unexperienced and unappropiate” teamleader.

Etf2l has to decide what happens in this matter ;p

nos

If you want to make teams like scotland and ireland etc.. stop asking for permission?
just do it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »