Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 40 41 42 ... 46 Next »

gryzor

Quoted from skeej

[…]
We have to take matters in our own hands and not let us be at the mercy of the Valve developers who don’t really have much of a clue about 6v6 competitive (and not to blame them, “we” made this gamemode with it’s weird limits up by ourselves.).

Oh joy, this again. Another noobster who have no idea how TF2 got so fucked up in the first place.

There was a “council” at the start of TF2, before ETF2L began. A bunch of weird guys sat on this channel and tried to iron out some sane “rules” to make the game less crap to play in clans. Amongst them were Moose from Power representing the finns, everyone in Kompaniet representing everyone since they were “the best clan” with “the best players” and a bunch of other twats, including me.

Now, after much playtesting, we found the medic and demo to be overpowered and limited those two one, so we would not get too much spam in the games, which tended to end as stalemates with the 20 minute round limits.

Next up, was the amount of players. Most agreed 8v8 would be the best amount, since 9v9 would be “highlander” and 7v7 would be too few. Kompaniet said NO and required 6v6 to we could steal counterstrike clans and beat that game up in number of players.

Next up, everyone caved and dropped to 7v7, even tho it would make the game less fun. Kompaniet said NO, we need to win cs-clans over so we can beat them at lans and steal their organisations! People will not be able to recognize any other format that 6v6!

Next up, pretty much anyone still able to form a constructive thought, left this “council” and said “FUCK IT”, except moose and Kompaniet.

Lo and behold, up comes TF2 Competetive Rules 1.0 as 6v6, Medic Limit 1 and Demolimit 1, with SUGGESTED rollout as 2 soldiers, 2 scouts, 1 demo and 1 medic.

So, EVERYONE who actually HAD A CLUE and could FIGURE OUT this was a BAD IDEA and would FUCK THINGS UP had no say, on we go with stealing the CS-clans idea, toot tooooot!.

To actually comprehend how fucking stupid this was, you need to realise that KOMPANIET ACTUALLY _QUIT TF2_ just a year later BECAUSE _THE GAME WAS TOO BORING_.

Beat that!

Now, add all the bozos like you lot, whom whilst trying to defend a rotten idea from the start, make it even more moronic by trying to add “extra-rulesets” to fend off Valves enhancements to the game.

AND.. YOU… ARE… TELLING… ME…. THAT… WOULD… BE… A… GOOD…. IDEA???

Oh my god, what was that funny phrase again.. Ah… “Rolling On Floor Laughing”.

Idiots.

Edit: Notice the massive amount of influx TF2 has from CS btw, the awesome number of clans converting over to this FUN and EXCITING game!

Last edited by gryzor,

randa

Shut it gryzor you dumb cunt no
big orgs would send 9 people to a LAN it was also demo limit two aswell
now go away.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Nononono. Sandvich and Equalizer are NOT good for comp. The problem is div6 dribblers who think they are.

How many of those saying sandvich is oh-so-disastrous for comp have actually tried maining heavy in top div1/prem-ish level with and without sandvich, and seen the result of that?

Last edited by Alx,

gryzor

Quoted from randa

Shut it gryzor you dumb cunt no
big orgs would send 9 people to a LAN it was also demo limit two aswell
now go away.

Aww, little random got hurt. Huw cjoot! <3

Quoted from Alx

[…]
How many of those saying sandvich is oh-so-disastrous for comp have actually tried playing heavy in top div1/prem-ish level with and without sandvich, and seen the result of that?

I have, having no Sandvich just means I can’t go stupidly aggro and rush in blindly, or be able to tank ridiculous amounts of damage (600+HP Heavies awaaaaay!). As long as I follow up my Soldier and Demo I don’t need a Sandvich at all.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I have, having no Sandvich just means I can’t go stupidly aggro and rush in blindly, or be able to tank ridiculous amounts of damage (600+HP Heavies awaaaaay!). As long as I follow up my Soldier and Demo I don’t need a Sandvich at all.

I’m curious, which teams did you main heavy against with vanilla+medlocks and found it more effective than soldier? There Can Only Be Nuns?

gullywash excluded

Last edited by Alx,

Quoted from Alx

[…]
I’m curious, which teams did you main heavy against with vanilla+medlocks? There Can Only Be Nuns?

HolyShit, Power Gaming, Xen.

Wabbeh

Quoted from Alx

[…]
How many of those saying sandvich is oh-so-disastrous for comp have actually tried maining heavy in top div1/prem-ish level with and without sandvich, and seen the result of that?

Haunter top-fragged as heavy the sweden vs portugal match on gullywash.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Flisko is also very dangerous on Gullywash.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from gryzor

[…]
Oh joy, this again. Another noobster who have no idea how TF2 got so fucked up in the first place.

Next time, try to rationally formulate your post in a well-mannered way, without the ad-hominems and flaming. Maybe someone will take you seriously then.

And yes, Valve does listen to the compet community to a certain extent, but you should see this microscopic response to feedback in comparison to what is done in favor of pubplay; it pales. Like I said, doing simple things like bringing the Equalizer damage output ceiling down by 30dmg or something doesn’t cut it. Every little change need 3 months of development at least, then it will sit around in TF2Beta with nobody using it for another 3 months, and finally such a minor change MIGHT appear in the real game.

I’ll be happy when Valve sits around the table with all leagues and establishes a standard that is also officially supported from within the game. If that won’t happen (and it won’t), fine, I’m not blaming Valve. They have made one of the most awesome FPS games ever and will continue supporting it for the largest part of their clientele (pub players).

But then we have to take matters in our own hands and just ban the weapons that aren’t finetuned to suit the gameplay flow that we all loved to play throughout the history of 6v6 Tf2 and want to keep enjoying. If you keep changing the game, then at some point it stops being the same game. I like TF2 and not some other game that kinda resembles it.

Last edited by skeej,

erratic

speaking of equalizer, i know its unfair to have a straight upgrade for a weapon, but isnt it whats called for in terms of the soldier class? my opinion is biased though, seeing that i main soldier.

The likelyhood of valve buffing the soldier through other means than unlocks is probably small.

:)

gryzor

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Next time, try to rationally formulate your post in a well-mannered way, without the ad-hominems and flaming. Maybe someone will take you seriously then.

Taking me seriously seems like a mistake. Since you stopped reading after me writing that “noobster” word, I’ll go ahead and point out I call myself a twat in the next sentence.

Perhaps YOU are taking things “too seriously” across the board?

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from skeej

[…]

And yes, Valve does listen to the compet community to a certain extent, but you should see this microscopic response to feedback in comparison to what is done in favor of pubplay; it pales. Like I said, doing simple things like bringing the Equalizer damage output ceiling down by 30dmg or something doesn’t cut it. Every little change need 3 months of development at least, then it will sit around in TF2Beta with nobody using it for another 3 months, and finally such a minor change MIGHT appear in the real game.

I’ll be happy when Valve sits around the table with all leagues and establishes a standard that is also officially supported from within the game. If that won’t happen (and it won’t), fine, I’m not blaming Valve. They have made one of the most awesome FPS games ever and will continue supporting it for the largest part of their clientele (pub players).

But then we have to take matters in our own hands and just ban the weapons that aren’t finetuned to suit the gameplay flow that we all loved to play throughout the history of 6v6 Tf2 and want to keep enjoying. If you keep changing the game, then at some point it stops being the same game. I like TF2 and not some other game that kinda resembles it.

true

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from gryzor

[…]
Taking me seriously seems like a mistake. Since you stopped reading after me writing that “noobster” word, I’ll go ahead and point out I call myself a twat in the next sentence.

Perhaps YOU are taking things “too seriously” across the board?

Why partake in the discussion then, littering up the topic pages? Please get out if you’re not gonna contribute.

Skyride

DUCS

Gryzor I’m sure that one day, a long time ago, you genuinely had a bit of power and some reasonable thoughts on how to run things. Your problems are not to do with levels of intelligence, but you have literally the worst attitude of any human being I have ever had the displeasure to speak to.

Quite frankly, though, you’re now spewing such utter drivel that you have nothing of value to contribute to anyone. If you hate the game and everyone involved so much, why are you even still around?

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 40 41 42 ... 46 Next »