Forum

epic.LAN Boosts TF2 Upper Prize Limit

Created 30th November 2010 @ 17:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1

winbar

We haven’t even announced this on our own site yet, so fresh news in for you here at ETF2L.

The team has decided to increase the maximum prize pot at epic.FIVE to £1500 if enough teams decide to support this new tournament. The new prize brackets are as follows:

1-12 Teams – £1000 (1st – £750, 2nd £250)
13 – 16 Teams – £1500 (1st £1125, 2nd £375)

And remember, if you use the discount code EPIC5ETF2L when booking, you’ll also get £5 off your booking.

For more information visit http://www.epiclan.co.uk/epic5

Last edited by winbar,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

This is awesome news guys, lets show our support and thanks to these guys by turning out in droves! TF2TV Will be there to cast all the AWESOME games so lets do this!

N/A

RaWr ::

Hmmm this is nice, i’ll see what we can do

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

winbar i salute you, lf team

Black_Bob

[DA]

Very nice :)

winbar

Forgot to add, winning team also gets 6 free tickets to the next event, runner up gets 6 x £20 off vouchers for the next event and we aim to pay out prize money at the event, not up to 12 months later!

Nivek

epic.

A rather nice boost to the pot there!

nvc

A word of advice (imo) on your TF2 coverage, stop the entire stream/vod just being freecam. As much as you’d all like to beleive that tf2 needs freecam because it’s so “advanced” or “difficult to follow”, you could also argue the same for css, quake, enemy territory bla bla bla.

Not many spectators actually care about freecam and infact, many including myself absolutely hate it if used extensively. I would almost guarantee that the majority would prefer to watch the game from a players perspective, you get no WTF LOL moments otherwise. They tried to freecam the i39 final i think it was, that worked for around 10minutes until the crowd started shouting at them.

If you’re doing your job right, especially online, your commentary should tell the viewer all he needs to know about what is happening, or what should happen before it does and what happened as a result of what a team did.

I personally beleive a TF2 stream on granary should go something like this:
* Freecam the first middle push until you see which demoman is faster, switch to demo
* After around 5 seconds switch to the medi
From them on, only go to freecam for a choke point if any team is in stand off for longer than 45 seconds or so, and as soon as somebody pushes in then switch to the medic, or perhaps check out what the scouts are doing during the push, followed by perhaps a soldier or heavy (the one the medic is healing) and stay in pov until you find both teams at another stand still for a longer period of time.

Sometimes it’s also nice to check out what’s happening from an outsiders perspective, like if you’re capping 2nd CP and team red is 60%, it could then be cool to go freecam to the next point, or watch anything that’s coming in.

But then it’s also cool to have yourself suprised when a team does something random like hide and drop on the team rather than know in advance, or watching demoman/soldier rollouts.

*cue holy poopnuggets*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZ7g_dAyHA

Last edited by nvc,

RaCio

GoT²

Agreeing with nvc here, if I’m watching, I’m watching for the frags :)

It was a bit offtopic though

kaidus

WiK?

Just a bit?

Will probably be at this lan with a george gibbons mix.

Last edited by kaidus,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from RaCio

Agreeing with nvc here, if I’m watching, I’m watching for the frags :)

It was a bit offtopic though

Think he meant to put it in the TF2TV thread. And yeah, free cam is garbage.

Add A Reply Pages: 1