Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

+1 to all what DamnEasy said

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

rofl complaining about the swiss system! It’s the only reason that everyone in high isn’t getting fucked over right now by a bunch of drops!

Imagine we were still in the old system and we had this many drops. It would mean you only got to play 4/5 games in the season rather than 7. Everyone should be grateful for the swiss system for making sure the teams who don’t fold get their full amount of games and don’t get screwed over by these drops.

damneasy

Quoted from Sideshow

rofl complaining about the swiss system! It’s the only reason that everyone in high isn’t getting fucked over right now by a bunch of drops!

Imagine we were still in the old system and we had this many drops. It would mean you only got to play 4/5 games in the season rather than 7. Everyone should be grateful for the swiss system for making sure the teams who don’t fold get their full amount of games and don’t get screwed over by these drops.

Thats not entirely true because if the team folds before they have played the weeks match, the opponents team still gets a default win, i guess thats better then not playing at all but still :p

Last edited by damneasy,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Sideshow

This.

hr

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

Well, if you simplify it down, we’re barely playing for anything in the first place, mousepads aren’t exactly THAT motivating.

You should be lucky there are even prizes outside of prem. What happened to playing because you want to win, improve and eventually get promotion?

Last edited by hr,

Meeto

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Not directly, but I am pretty sure we wouldn’t have folded if we had played in like div 3, or maybe even 2. Felt insignificant and hopeless from day 1 in this new system. Really don’t get it tbh, thought it was obvious that it would be a motivationkiller for tons of teams

If you’re getting raped in high, then you probably shouldn’t be in high. If you think you would have done better in div 3, then maybe the problem is you overestimating yourself. In any case, the swiss system has proven to be great so far, if anything, gradually playing against equally skilled team is a motivation boost.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Meeto

If you’re getting raped in high, then you probably shouldn’t be in high. If you think you would have done better in div 3, then maybe the problem is you overestimating yourself. In any case, the swiss system has proven to be great so far, if anything, gradually playing against equally skilled team is a motivation boost.

We played 2 games, one where we got raped and one that was close. It’s really besides the point though, the fact is that with this new system, we have a very little minority with actual chances to win anything, a little minority which will face being demoted, and a vast majority of teams just sitting there in the middle with nothing to gain or lose. It really seems competitionkilling, actually being able to see progress season for season is what will make most teams keep going.

edit: spelling

Last edited by Scissors,

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from hr

[…]
You should be lucky there are even prizes outside of prem. What happened to playing because you want to win, improve and eventually get promotion?

That’s what I’m saying though.
My point is even in the old system you don’t get ish for winning your div, so when people saying there’s nothing to gain from winning because it’s a minority that will win, there’s no difference, you’ll get promoted via screenshots if you’re on that level, it’s still the same.
I’ve been here playing for like 5 years and never won anything, I would have given up by now if I was playing for prizes tbh

OT, I support swiss system, I always felt like in the old system you could predict it pretty easily, I would always look at the table and feel like ‘these are the teams we’ll muller, these are the teams that are gonna smush us’ and usually be fairly right whereas now it’s much harder, so it feels like you can gain something by practicing more. I think it’s easier to track progress in a big system than a small table, because your result was affected heavily byhow hard your table was.

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

lol scissors is just mad his team lost to a team who aren’t even trying

damneasy

Am i the only one who reads the news on etf2l? Didnt they say every tier (or prem/high idk) gets actual money prizes? Or am i just stupid :D

Buhenvalds

\m/
plēve

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/european-team-fortress-2-league-season-20
11 days left and then they will anounce the prizes. Atleast i think so.

Last edited by Buhenvalds,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I like the Swiss system because it produces big games every week, it’s better for the fan. Shame they’re mostly played at the same time. By the end of the season you’ll see some Open games casted.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

zoob

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »