Forum

The Team RIP Section

Created 2nd February 2015 @ 09:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Popcorp

Already like 50 teams dropped, I really hope Div system will come back next season because Swiss system is bad…

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from Schalalaa

why are so many high teams dropping. pls stop killing tf2:((((((((((((

Because it was never easier to get into “Div 1/2” so when people get wrekd obviously they dont wanna play anymore

rip frigid zone

damneasy

stop blaming the swiss system …

doks

The fuck are you talking about ? It looks like a lot of dropped teams because its all in one place. Every season there were like at least 1 group with 2 or 3 drops.. + 1 drop per each group at least. Add that shit up – boom. Same amount of dropped teams.

And if anything – this system should lessen the amount of teams dropping, because theoretically if you loose – you get “weaker” opponents.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from fraac

Did your team fold because of the Swiss system?

Not directly, but I am pretty sure we wouldn’t have folded if we had played in like div 3, or maybe even 2. Felt insignificant and hopeless from day 1 in this new system. Really don’t get it tbh, thought it was obvious that it would be a motivationkiller for tons of teams

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Not directly, but I am pretty sure we wouldn’t have folded if we had played in like div 3, or maybe even 2. Felt insignificant and hopeless from day 1 in this new system. Really don’t get it tbh, thought it was obvious that it would be a motivationkiller for tons of teams

Play in mid. Add me if you guys need any more help with detective work.

Last edited by evokje,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from evokje

Play in mid. Add me if you guys need any more help with detective work.

In the old system, a significantly higher proportion of teams in the league had something to play for, whereas now it’s the vast minority. Doesn’t take a genius to figure this out. Literally no motivation to play other than for playings sake, and why even be in a league then? Last season we didn’t do very well in div 2, but our games were close and we were playing not to get demoted. This season it literally doesn’t matter, as it doesn’t for most teams. What a competitionkilling system

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I think there’s more of a focus on staying together and improving. You can’t just throw a team together and expect to reach playoffs. Probably means you have to be fussier about who you make teams with.

damneasy

Not all the teams dropped because they are losing lol, 50% of the teams that dropped, dropped because they had roster issues.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Well, if you simplify it down, we’re barely playing for anything in the first place, mousepads aren’t exactly THAT motivating.

damneasy

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

Well, if you simplify it down, we’re barely playing for anything in the first place, mousepads aren’t exactly THAT motivating.

You know theres actual money that you can win? Also winning is still an achievement, why would you just play for the prizes.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from fraac

I think there’s more of a focus on staying together and improving. You can’t just throw a team together and expect to reach playoffs. Probably means you have to be fussier about who you make teams with.

good luck with that in tf2, playerpool is ridiculously small

Lobsteri

Quoted from snappe

rip frigid zone

RIPIP

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Sounds like a legit way to go about things: blame the new system and don’t look at how you’re team is playing and improve it. It really isn’t the new systems fault that you’ve lost every official you’ve actually played in this season.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »