Forum

An explanation of SteamStealer aka "Ebola.scr"

Created 21st December 2014 @ 14:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

konr

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

I still don’t see why Steam couldn’t store different profiles.

If it did you wouldn’t have to relogin when switching, right? Could be true either way but if it just uses cookies then it’ll only be what is currently logged in.

CapTVK

HoT<3

Quoted from jx53

[…]

Trade offers require public backpack

Ah! Yes, it does make sense if you want to send trade offers to strangers. That makes it very easy to quickly clean out someone’s BP once you have access to the local steamclient.

(P.S. Excuse my ignorance. I haven’t been really active in the steam trading scene for awhile. I usually only trade with people i know or contacted myself. And I ignore invites by anyone with private profiles or a low steamlevel and a profile with only one or two games in it. )

Luckily this piece of malware doesn’t seem to do any logging. Scary thing is, someone probably will write something more devious like this eventually.

Or already has :/

RageInducer

What tools did you use to crack one of these open? I’ve been sent one of these and I’d like to report the account my items would have gone to. It’s currently located on a linux in a virtual machine so it ain’t doing anything any time soon. This one is especially on-the-nose since it’s called inventory.scr

Setlet

Quoted from RageInducer

What tools did you use to crack one of these open? I’ve been sent one of these and I’d like to report the account my items would have gone to. It’s currently located on a linux in a virtual machine so it ain’t doing anything any time soon. This one is especially on-the-nose since it’s called inventory.scr

Did you actually google this problem, find this website and decide to post to a 10 month thread?

Also, welcome to competitive TF2!

Selek

Dr. med.

RageInducer:
Due to a obscure creed concerning posting in old threads, Flow expressed reluctance towards answering your request even after being informed about the situation. So, just add him on Steam and talk to him there, I promise he is quite friendly :)

quintosh

wL.

reflector

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3