Forum

Engineer scripts

Created 9th July 2010 @ 12:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Hello,
I’m planing to create an engineer script package for the new unlocks. If you got any ideas or a script post it.

The first script i was thinking of is an “insta crit script” that allows you to destroy your sentry before you shoot (if you press shift as a modifier for example):

alias +attack_hook “+attack”
alias -attack_hook “-attack”

alias +dshot “destroy 2; +attack”
alias -dshot “-attack”

alias +engimod “alias +attack_hook “+dshot”; alias -attack_hook “-dshot””
alias +engimod “alias +attack_hook “+attack”; alias -attack_hook “-attack””

So you bind mouse1 to +attack_hook and another key to +engimod which serves as the modifier. when you press modifier + mouse1 your shot will be a revenge crit if your sentry stacked up some kills.

added:
I call the second script “destro build” because it allows you to destroy your sentry with a short klick and rebuilds it with a longer klick. it can be useful if you are using the gunslinger while you retreat, dodge enemy fire or simply need a full amo sentry.

alias +db “+attack; destroy 2; build 2”
alias -db “-attack; lastinv”

added2:
Ok the sentry jump script isnt as reliable as your fingers but it works if you know where you have to aim at.
You have to press mouse2 and then your key of choice while the wrengler is active to do a sentry jump with your sentry on your shoulder:

alias +sj “+jump; +duck”
alias -sj “slot1; -jump; -duck”

(since you cant use wait animore its better to do this without a script)

Last edited by XHunter,

n00ne

So everytime a defensless spy comes along and you want to kill him you destroy your level3 sentry?

Quoted from n00ne

So everytime a defensless spy comes along and you want to kill him you destroy your level3 sentry?

Presumably the user is expected to determine when getting a crit is important enough… so if you’re blowing up level 3 sentries for spies, well… that’s your problem.

jgmaster

BM

Make one which fires the wrangler at your feet, changes to another slot, picks up the gun.

reactioN

Quoted from jgmaster

Make one which fires the wrangler at your feet, changes to another slot, picks up the gun.

or just learn it without script

Tikcus

you realise you ONLY get crits if the SG has at least 1 kill before it is destroyed, sg’s with 0 kills = 0 crits

RareSpycrab

Quoted from Tikcus

you realise you ONLY get crits if the SG has at least 1 kill before it is destroyed, sg’s with 0 kills = 0 crits

Ahhh i was wondering why the revenge crits seemed so buggy.

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from Tikcus

im full aware of that…

and why should i blow up a lvl 3 sentry oO have ever tried to play with gunslinger … ? In fact its much cheaper and faster to blow your small sentry up and rebuild it when its out of amo.

Last edited by XHunter,

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from jgmaster

I will see what i can do.

Last edited by XHunter,

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

or just learn it without script

I can do it without a script. I can also reload and crouch jump without a script, still use them.

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

I call the second script “destro build” because it allows you to destroy your sentry with a shot klick and rebuilds it with a longer klick. it can be useful if you are using the gunslinger while you retreat, dodge enemy fire or simply need a full amo sentry.

alias +db “+attack; destroy 2; build 2″
alias -db “-attack; lastinv”

scripts make bad players think they’re good.

THERE I SAID IT

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from Shintaz

scripts make bad players think they’re good.

THERE I SAID IT

I think you got a point there but some scripts save time/your fingers that could save you :D im only using the destro build and the insta crit script because its a pain in the ass to press 5 1 4 1 while you try to dodge enemy fire.

Ok the sentry jump script isnt as reliable as your fingers but it works if you know where you have to aim at.
You have to press mouse2 and then your key of choice while the wrengler is active to do a sentry jump with your sentry on your shoulder:

alias +sj “+jump; +duck”
alias -sj “slot1; -jump; -duck”

(since you cant use wait animore its better to do this without a script)

If you want to do a long jump aim ~35° down at the sentrys body.
If you want to do a high jump aim at the ground in the middle of the sentry.

Last edited by XHunter,

Bryn

Quoted from jgmaster

alias sj_carry “slot2 ; wait 120 ; +attack2 ; wait 5 ; -attack2 ; wait 5 ; slot1 ; wait 5 ; +attack2 ; wait 5 ; -attack2”

Non-wait one and more stuff
http://pastebin.com/nZjtj2YH

These don’t take jumping etc. into account

Last edited by Bryn,

Add A Reply Pages: 1