Forum

Lack of event promotions

Created 15th November 2015 @ 01:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Quoted from Sideshow

That’s really disheartening, hearing “ETF2L gets nothing for promoting razer stuff”. ETF2L gets nothing from ANYTHING except making tf2 bigger. If you actively make competitive tf2 bigger, etf2l directly benefits. And so the question is, does promoting a sponsor who is putting vast amounts (in tf2 terms) of money into the scene and a cool new system help competitive tf2 and therefore help etf2l? YE ofc it does!

Taking such a selfish approach and only promoting stuff that you run, or stuff that directly helps you, is one of the reasons why ETF2L is not helping tf2 grow, and is not growing large amounts itself.

It saddens me to read such a reaction from a former admin. You know the inner workings of the league and our player base, and yet you quote me out of context without addressing the rest of the post.
Calling me or the league selfish whilst pouring money and lots of time in keeping this afloat hurts me to say the least. For a lot of us this is close to a second job in terms of effort.

Do I want to make competitive TF2 bigger? of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be doing this. Dragging along a dead community isn’t pleasant and I’ve seen it happen in several other games. That’s why after 9 years I’m happy TF2 is still alive and kicking.
Luckily for TF2 we have several outlets and new events keep popping up. If it’s not the small admin team of ETF2L hosting cups and seasons, it’s something set up by a single person or a company like Razer tapping into a new way to promote itself.

I really hope the point of promoting a direct competitor of the organisation that allowed us to put up a prize pool for the past few years sounds like a conflicting idea in your ears as well. Nobody here says we don’t do it, in fact if you look at the post history we’ve promoted a lot of non-ETF2L events after being contacted by their representatives.
Please read my previous post for a bit of a clarification on that part.

The next few weeks will be a host of some big and smaller changes on the organisational front and as people know, this is still a non-profit organisation. If people think they can contribute to the community or to the league in a positive manner I’d kindly request them to step up and apply or create something that is in their field of passion!

As for the news post, I’m sure sonny or whoever is writing the article has his reason to be a bit late. I created the saloon yesterday http://saloon.tf/match/21 and I see the TFTV article has been posted just now.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Scissors

[…]
Why don’t you like this particular one staying there for a while? ;-)

I don’t mind, easier to get on my teampage when we’re always frontpage news 8)

Toodles

Issue?
Issue!

I was celebrating my grandmother’s birthday, among other things, that’s why the grand finals post was late. In the future I could link the tftv schedule at the start of each week so people can give that a gander to see what’s being casted.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I don’t really think events on the Arena platform are anything to worry about from a competitor pov since there would be no issue with promoting a cup sponsored by zowie etc. Razer provides the financial backing for the Arena and sponsors those tournaments, the same situation as if it was a zowie cup run by tftv for example.

Unless you have a statement from Tt saying you can’t promote these events you shouldn’t even consider it a problem. At the very least you could contact them instead of worrying whether or not you’re gonna be dropped if you mention a cup!

Lastly on the topic of it being a volunteer website etc: I’m not trying to say you don’t all put in a lot of effort, I’m sure you do, I know you do. But you have a HUGE platform here that houses almost every european player for competitive tf2 and you’re really REALLLLY underselling it. It’s chronically bad. If the people who are working on PR etc currently can’t handle it, and need extra help or assistance to achieve the level that etf2l should be at, then go and ask! Post a thread on tftv, post here on the forums, make it publicly known that you are searching for people in specific roles to further develop etf2l’s reach into public tf2. You can’t wait for some do-gooders to come stumbling along and wonder if you need a hand.

Well I mean you can, and have been doing for a long time, but it doesn’t work.

aura

I think the problem is on a much bigger scale. There needs to be a better communication between sites like logs.tf, major trading and community sites. They should also do the announcements of major event as it brings more people into community. The more people watch streams the more are potentially going to bet on saloon and then trade the winnings so it multiplies the amount of items in the economy and the amount of traders as the results –> everyone benefits

Last edited by aura,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2