Forum

[ETF2L] Theme Beta Feedback

Created 31st July 2014 @ 22:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

HATE

(ETF2L Donator)

[Link]

Alignment man strikes again!

Also I’d suggest having a reply button at the bottom of the topic as well as the top, it’s a REET PAIN to scroll all the way up and makes my life oh so difficult.

Excellent work my friend (and to emb et al!)

The wording is a little strange on the player profiles too – ‘Invite to the team’ isn’t quite right, either ‘Invite to team’ or ‘Send team invite’ is preferable imo.

Last edited by HATE,

Tuto

8-)

I was wondering, will there also be a mobile version of this theme available?

CHERRY

Quoted from hashtagchan

[Link]

Alignment man strikes again!

Also I’d suggest having a reply button at the bottom of the topic as well as the top, it’s a REET PAIN to scroll all the way up and makes my life oh so difficult.

Excellent work my friend (and to emb et al!)

The wording is a little strange on the player profiles too – ‘Invite to the team’ isn’t quite right, either ‘Invite to team’ or ‘Send team invite’ is preferable imo.

Reply button is mentioned in the second post :P

Last edited by CHERRY,

Herr_P

IKEA

I’d suggest making the chat bubbles that show the number of comments on articles clickable to reach the comments. Just one of those sweet little functions that make the articles better.
General Feedback: Site looks better at 90% zoom in chrome at 1080p. Everything just feels a bit too large and clunky in its normal state.

Alycidon

I have no complaints about it at all so far – it looks very good and I’ve had no difficulties navigating. Keep up the good work! :D

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I’m having a really hard time reading on the new forum. One of the reasons the old forums was so good even though it was so outdated was the fact it was so easy to read. It had light colours and every 2nd comment had a different shade background making it so easy to distuingish between comments. Now my eyes just get tired trying to keep all the shitty details out of the way. I hate the fact that the username and all that information pops up inbetween every comment instead of being something small and trivial on the side. I like the upgrade but not at the cost of how easy it was before.
However on a pluss side pretty much everything else is fine. When you go to the other pages other than the forum the background is bright and easy on the eyes, The recruitment section is a super big overhaul apart from teams/players being on seperate pages.
The tournament brackets could be lit up aswell. All this blue just blends into eachother. 

alle

vs

adding jump servers in the server section would be nice

zoob

Looking good. I would only change 2 things:

1) Site seems to look a bit less cluttered with solid colour background. Darkening the background or blending it with a dark colour could also help.

2) Large logo/sponsors area makes content start halfway through screen, making it a tad smaller helps. Have to scroll way down to see forum activity.

Example picture

Last edited by zoob,

private_meta

STDs

Some basic stuff, more later as I an at work: the mobile site seems Terribly wonky and broken. You cannot log in if you don’t try to reply to a post, I can’t find a login button. When writing texts, the first letter you type in pushed to the right side of the cursor, and your page is the only where it happens. It’s also broken on landscape format, you cannot see what you type. The “options” dropbox is finally navigatable on mobile, but it behaves really sluggish on landscape mode. My phone has a full HD resolution, tested it on Firefox. I’m especially naggy about that as I really despise browsing and writing on it in portrait. As I said, more later in the evening after I had some time to test it.

private_meta

STDs

Editing on the new site on mobile is wonky as well, hence the new post.
Found the login button, bottom of page for logging on is a bad idea IMHO. Also, the styles of various parts of the site keep popping in after the content in question is scrolled to.

Feedbackerino, or rather bug report – if you want to see screenshots from any match, for example this one http://beta.etf2l.org/matches/52367/. When you click on “Screenshot A” it adds beta prefix to screen link, which causes it to be 404 Not Found, you need to remove the prefix manually for screenshot to work.

Higs

$$

Loving the theme, it should be a huge improvement when it goes live.

The team popups on the Events tab on the home page are broken if they overlap with the top of the scroll box – they are drawn underneath the other content so you can only see half of the popup.

In the Events tab on the main page, if you try to view the team popups for one of the teams that is in the top half of the box the popup is drawn underneath the tabs for Servers, TF2Pickup, etc so you can only see half of the popup. For teams that are further down the box this doesn’t happen as the popup fits within the Events panel itself.

EDIT: Also, the popups fade away even when I hover over them, so I can’t actually click the links that are on the popups :c

Last edited by Higs,

Spike Himself

TC

Will the current theme eventually be removed, or will it remain an option for those that prefer it?

Higs

$$

More things!

The drop down menus on PC should be hover-based rather than click-based, imo, as it feels far more fluid. It also means they will work without JavaScript.

On the menus themselves I think you should add a little more padding to the bottom of the last item, as the gap between items is much larger than the gap below the very last item. That’s just aesthetics though.

Last edited by Higs,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

I still feel like it’s too dark is some places, especially the sidebar boxes needs more contrast added.

Those boxes [Link] need some alignment fixed.

Colored team scores were IMO more readable, now it’s all white. I’m talking mainly about team and player pages.

Quote box could be darker/lighter than non quted text.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Will the current theme eventually be removed, or will it remain an option for those that prefer it?

It’s never a good idea. U’ll get used to it after a while anyways.

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »