Forum

I would like to bring ETF2L's attention to these div 2 default hunters:

Created 17th April 2012 @ 23:48

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Now I understand that there is no point in arguing this anymore, but since this sub-forum mentions FEEDBACK, I am going to share feedback about your rules and how they were abused on this match page:

http://etf2l.org/matches/33112/

Thanks to the admins trying to support us.

Last edited by Swifty,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

I have looked at all sides and would like to see the community’s view on this because if you follow the time stamps it seemed to me a swift attempt at getting a default win.

Honestly if it was an hour later I’d understand just with the attitude to ignore us and rushing to get the win shows no intent to me of wanting to play. Which after all should be the purpose of joining the league, wanting to play not ninja undeserved wins.

That’s my thoughts on the matter no disrespect to you admins,

Fishy

Shady shit going on, +1 for these guys it would seem.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Why did you need him to accept the friend invite? Were you trying to receive the connect string or agree on a server via steam message?

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from TurboTabs

Why did you need him to accept the friend invite? Were you trying to receive the connect string or agree on a server via steam message?

agree on a server. Notice that the match should’ve already started, when the connect string was posted. Also notice how gubbins even asked them to accept his friend request ON the match page, before the match had started.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

.Bb: DA! said:
April 17th, 2012 at 20:07

connect 77.111.195.126:27015 ; password yatata

.Bb: DA! said:
April 17th, 2012 at 20:19

no show, gg

The offenders claimed a default win within 12 minutes after giving the opposing team a tiny chance of gaining the information they needed to start the match. So in that 12 minute gap, they took the screens of the scoreboard and status console, uploaded the pictures to two separate file host sites and posted the file details on the match page.

So basically the offending team must have expected the opposing team to not show up even though, they know from the match page that they’re ready to play as they would have noticed gubbins’ reply when they send the connect string on it.

Even then how is the opposing team to expect the connect string on the match page? Just hope gubbins is sat refreshing the match page till some helpful happens.

Let them play

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Thank you sir TurboTabs, much reddit karma to you.

Spike Himself

TC

When I look at this match page, pretending I know nothing about what happened or who’s involved – so just the facts – I see:

– Schedule history; 0 attempts by either team. One entry by beef, to set a default date
– Match comments: 0 attempts at any form of scheduling or coming to agreements from either team, just the default date message again.

The match was scheduled to start at 20:00 and that is when DA asks for a connect string.

Again, these are merely the facts from the match page, and judging by just these it seems both teams are equally at fault.

This is definitely something you can do something about in the future; just take that first step, take the initiative to get your match sorted.

I’d add “I post this as a team leader, not as an admin”, but.. oh wait there it is

Anyway, from an admin stand point, all I can say for the moment is that we’re having discussions about this atm.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

well i think parrotgapers took enough steps to shedule the game :DDD some team just cba to play it and went on a default hunt

just rearrange them game

Last edited by smziii,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from smziii

well i think parrotgapers took enough steps to shedule the game :DDD

Perhaps they did, but none of it is shown on the match page. And now it bites them in the back! That’s all I wanted to get across. The match page allows you to post comments for a reason!

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Spike Himself

Again, these are merely the facts from the match page, and judging by just these it seems both teams are equally at fault.

This is definitely something you can do something about in the future; just take that first step, take the initiative to get your match sorted.

I’d add “I post this as a team leader, not as an admin”, but.. oh wait there it is

Anyway, from an admin stand point, all I can say for the moment is that we’re having discussions about this atm.

Spikes right, Both teams are at fault when it comes to match preparations. But this doesn’t mean it’s now a race to see which team can claim default first on their own server, there was no server agreement.

Just a suddenly pasted connect string 3 minutes in and a default claim 12 minutes later (even though teams should really wait 15 minutes for their opponent at a chance to join the server ). Surely if the server wasn’t made clear, the game would have to take place on an etf2l server as on par with the rules? and if the default screenshots are taken on their own server, that would make those screenshots void surely?

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Perhaps they did, but none of it is shown on the match page. And now it bites them in the back! That’s all I wanted to get across. The match page allows you to post comments for a reason!

They ask for a server at 20 on the dot. Gubbins posts 3 minutes after that in the match page asking for them to accept his request. They REJECT it(although fair enough, you can’t prove this from your side), 4 minutes later posting their own connect string.

The only reason they are getting the default here, is because we didn’t go out our way to get on an empty server and take screenshots with the intention of default hunting, because we were looking to actually PLAY a TF2 official?

Last edited by Swifty,

Beef

Dawson

As an admin: We’re going to review this case and I’ll make sure it happens.

Spike Himself

TC

I didn’t say either of you were right or wrong to do what you did, I merely pointed out nobody bothered to actually prepare the match (ie. use the match page). Just as an easy tip to prevent cases like these in the future.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Already looking forward to a cast of this grudge match :DDDD

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »