Forum

[HL S2] Map Pool Feedback

Created 21st February 2012 @ 13:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from GhostjAAH `

Lakeside is bo3 or we just need to cap it and hold it for 3 mins and we won?

4.4 KOTH maps are played with Winlimit 3 (BO5)

pala4

should be bo5
/ Hildreth is too fast :D

Last edited by pala4,

Lythiium

I just have a few questions about possible glitchy areas in the map, and whether or not they should be allowed – As I can’t find anying under the rules.

On Badwater, you can build teleporters/serntries inside the BLU spawn. It’s most likely un-intended, but having a level 3 sentry for the BLU team at the start of the round can be a bit unbalanced, giving them an advantage that they shouldn’t have. Gravel Pit has rules against this sort of thing, so should it be disallowed on badwater too?
2nd, there’s a rooftop accessible to rocket/sticky/stentry jumps near the 2nd point – if an engie got up there, he could build a teleporter and sentry nest which will be difficult to take down. YTvid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic9IAu4idxk&feature=related

Barnblitz has some questionable areas near the first, you can get on a high rooftop as a demo, and lay down sticky traps, and almost never be killed. (I’ll try find a YT on this one), there’s other spots later on similar to the first, but they’re pretty easy to spot.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Lythiium

I just have a few questions about possible glitchy areas in the map, and whether or not they should be allowed – As I can’t find anying under the rules.

On Badwater, you can build teleporters/serntries inside the BLU spawn. It’s most likely un-intended, but having a level 3 sentry for the BLU team at the start of the round can be a bit unbalanced, giving them an advantage that they shouldn’t have. Gravel Pit has rules against this sort of thing, so should it be disallowed on badwater too?
2nd, there’s a rooftop accessible to rocket/sticky/stentry jumps near the 2nd point – if an engie got up there, he could build a teleporter and sentry nest which will be difficult to take down. YTvid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic9IAu4idxk&feature=related

Barnblitz has some questionable areas near the first, you can get on a high rooftop as a demo, and lay down sticky traps, and almost never be killed. (I’ll try find a YT on this one), there’s other spots later on similar to the first, but they’re pretty easy to spot.

For the Badwater spawn building, you’re allowed unlike in Gravel Pit where your tele can’t be destroyed, if you build in this spot it can still be sapped/destroyed so no problems with that and giving the engineer something to build on offence, makes it better for the class which usually doesn’t have much to do at the start of a round. The glitch you’re on about I am familiar with and honestly the effort and endeavor it would take for an Engineer to set up there wouldn’t be worth it plus it is weak from many many spots. Hardly worth making an exception about.

The Barnblitz one I am not familiar with, you would have to explain.

Lythiium

Well, the Badwater spawn – Fair enough, never thought of it like that. But the spot above 2nd point, I think even a teleporter can cause problems, especially if it’s placed near the back out of sight, and the team were smart about not making its position too obvious, could be a pretty bad ambush that was never intended.

The BB spot, is like, just behind the house on the left (if coming from BLU spawn). You’re protected from spam from BLU, and you have a suspended train track on the other side. The only real way to take damage while up there, is for a soldier/demo to jump up too and attack that way – that or try hit with a well timed sticky as far as I know.

You can drop stickies and pipes down (or rockets as a soldier) and essentially block off the higher ground for BLU. It just seems like a pretty difficult spot to to get people out of.

EDIT:
Got a Screenshot, there’s a tiny little lip you can stand on: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lythiium/screenshot/506893428816651779?tab=public.
Protection from BLU from the slightly higher wall a little further back, and the train car from most of the other side- and unless you actually hit, I don’t think you can get pushed off from splash damage (other than a well timed sticky). But even then, You’ll actually have to get past the rest of the team to do so.

Last edited by Lythiium,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Okay that Barnblitz spot is weird but we have never banned bad clipping in maps, so it will have to be allowed – don’t worry least you know how that people are going to be there!

gnaw

I am curious whether now, after the season pretty much, Foundry is everyone’s favourite Highlander 5cp map any longer? Of the generally favoured 5cps of 6v6, I guess only Gullywash has been played in HL (and Warmfront in US) —- what about Snakewater? Or what about a map like 5gorge or even Well? Does Foundry maintain its shining novelty now that it has been played in the league?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from gnaw

I am curious whether now, after the season pretty much, Foundry is everyone’s favourite Highlander 5cp map any longer? Of the generally favoured 5cps of 6v6, I guess only Gullywash has been played in HL (and Warmfront in US) —- what about Snakewater? Or what about a map like 5gorge or even Well? Does Foundry maintain its shining novelty now that it has been played in the league?

Personally I think Foundary isnt the best cp map out there for highlander. It has too many choke points and thus can get really stalematie pushing into last or second.

I would prefer to see gullywash. Even badlands to a degree but i think the last point would be horrible to push into.

But again think more CP maps need to played on HL.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5