BBall Cup #5 powered by Tt eSPORTS
Banner by huhy
BBall has a long history and it should be familiar to most of us. However since it has been a very long time since teams officially hit the court let me briefly remind you what this is all about. We have 2 Teams consisting of 2 Soldiers each facing each other on a Basketball court. The goal is, like in real basketball, to score points by getting the ball through the basketball hoop. Now as this is serious business, we don’t have, no, we don’t need a ball – we prefer to play with precious documents in a briefcase. If you are completely new to the subject and need further information, feel free take a look at the corresponding TF2 Wiki Page.
The signups are now closed. You can follow the cup’s progress using the links below.
Tt eSPORTS were kind enough to provide us with some of their gaming gear as prizes.
- 1st place – 2 x Keyboard – Tt eSPORTS Knucker
- 2nd place – 2 x In-Ears – Tt eSPORTS Isurus-Dub
- 3rd place – 2 x Mouse Mat – 3rd Place – Tt eSPORTS Pyrrhus
For the moment being, we will allow 192 teams to sign up, which will be seeded into 32 groups of 6 teams each. The first 2 teams of each group will advance to the playoff tree. However, if we notice an even bigger interest in this tournament, we might add more slots!
This phase should be pretty straight forward. Like in the regular season, you play your map and submit the result (no golden cap, draws are possible). A correctly entered result is 3-0, 0-3 or 1-1.
Now we come to the “tricky” part. Since we are now in the elimination phase each map / round needs a winner. This means, if both teams are tied when the map timer reaches zero you will have to play another “best of 5 caps” golden cap round to determine the winner for this map.
While entering the result please upload the tied & additional screenshot of that round.
There will be no enforced weekly schedule for your games in the group phase, just make sure you have played all matches and entered the respective results before the group phase deadline on February 10th! However we have added Default dates for your convenience, if you can’t play that day post it on the match page and try rescheduling. During the group phase, unplayed matches will get a null result, while the almighty coin flip will decide for the playoff tree.
- Group phase: January 20 to February 10 2013, 23:59 CET
- Round of 64: February 13 to February 16 2013, 23:59 CET
- Round of 32: February 17 to February 19, 23:59 CET
- Round of 16: February 20 to February 23, 23:59 CET
- Round of 8: February 24 to March 2, 23:59 CET
- Quarter finals: March 3 to March 9, 23:59 CET
- Semi finals: March 10 to March 16, 23:59 CET
- Grand finals: March 17 to March 23, 23:59 CET
- Group phase week 1: January 24, 20:30 CET
- Group phase week 2: January 29, 20:30 CET
- Group phase week 3: January 31, 20:30 CET
- Group phase week 4: February 05, 20:30 CET
- Group phase week 5: February 07, 20:30 CET
- Round of 64: February 14, 19:00 CET
- Round of 32: February 19, 19:00 CET
- Round of 16: February 21, 19:00 CET
- Round of 8: February 24, 19:00 CET
- Quarter finals: March 3, 19:00 CET
- Semi finals: March 10, 19:00 CET
- Grand finals: March 17, 19:00 CET
- Map: ctf_ballin_sky
- Class limit: Only soldiers allowed
- Settings: Winlimit 25, timelimit 20
- Group stage: BO1 / Playoff stage: BO3
- Config: etf2l_bball.cfg
Stock soldier weapons + reskins (“The Original” is allowed) (Whitelist)
Use every trick up your sleeve to win! Except shooting rockets at each other at map start.
Since this is a 2v2 competition you will have at least 1 player (main) to play all the matches with his second player being from the roster. Anything else will be considered a merc and needs to be allowed by the opponents (IF the main player is missing his replacement is considered a merc even if it’s a player from the roster!)
It is not allowed to deliberately drop the intelligence on top of any of the billboards / poles behind each basket.