July 12, 2015
High Tier Playoffs
For the High Tier we have decided to go with 6 teams this time.
- Hello Kitteh Ninjas!
- 35 Pts.
- 32 Pts.
- 31 Pts.
- 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 15.13
- 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 14.13
- Chimpanz Instinct
- 28 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 17.81
Gamsjaga eSports 28 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 9.39
Mid Tier Playoffs
For the Mid Tier we have decided to once again go with 8 teams. This time and for the future this will be a straight up single elimination 8 team knock out playoff.
- HELP HELPERS
- 37 Pts.
- 34 Pts.
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 18.31
- Sprinkler Kids
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 18.11
- street debils
- 30 Pts.
- 29 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 18.74
- 29 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 14.19
- OMNI5 EU basketball team
- 28 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 15.06
International Oral Sex 28 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 12.86
Psychology Help Center 28 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 11.80
Open Tier Playoffs
For the Open Tier we are sticking to what we have begun in Season 20. 16 teams in a single elimination knock out playoffs.
- Peril Puppies
- 39 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 28.92
- 39 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 25.50
- Systematic Chaos
- 36 Pts.
- 35 Pts.
- 33 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 20.88
- котята (ﾉ◕◡◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
- 33 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 20.33
- 6 man salt
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 19.60
- candy sticks
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 18.78
- The Broken Gitans
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 18.12
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 17.14
- Per aspera ad astra
- 32 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 15.22
- Digital Athletes
- 31 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 18.48
- 31 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 16.81
- No Diggity
- 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 23.50
- Barmatuhi reborn
- 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 16.67
- High Flyers
- 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 16.64
KiVaKoulu.tf 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 14.42
eXtremists. 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 13.10
100% SUN BEARS 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 11.88
No Effort Gaming 30 Pts. Tiebreaker Score: 0.00
Tiebreaker Score Calculation
We’ve decided to release the formula by which we are breaking ties so it will not be this dubious number everyone complains about, while nobody actually knows how to calculate it or where we are getting it from. We are currently looking at implementing this into the tables so you can see the score heading towards the end of the season without waiting until admins confirm whether you have a good enough tiebreaker score.
Previously for Season 20 we were using the Sonneborn-Berger Score, however we have come to realise this is not a good representation of what we want to achieve – an accurate value that can compare the difficulty of opponents faced throughout the season. We have modified this system ourselves to suit ETF2L’s specific needs compared to Chess (which is what the Sonneborn-Berger score is intended for).
- For each match, calculate the ratio of points the team earned compared to the maximum, and multiply this by the opponent’s total score in the competition. Use only scores and opponents from “valid” matches (matches that were not default wins and were not against dropped opponents).
Calculate the sum of all scores calculated via the above method.
- Divide the sum by the number of “valid” matches played.
Here is an example from the Season 21 tiebreakers for fm-eSports
- Week 1 vs Колумбийские наркобароны: 3-3 (3/6 * 20 = 10)
- Week 2 vs OMNI5 EU basketball team: 3-3 (3/6 * 28 = 14)
- Week 3 vs ripsquad: 3-3 (3/6 * 15 = 7.5)
- Week 4 vs Reverse Offence: Default Win
- Week 5 vs Fakin Ritar eSports: 6-0 (6/6 * 19 = 19)
- Week 6 vs Ohnive Prdele: 6-0 (6/6 * 24 = 24)
- Week 7 vs Twenty-Seven 2-4 (2/6 * 32 = 10.66)
Total score: 10+14+7.5+19+24+10.66 = 85.166..
Divided by the total valid matches played: 85.166/6 = 14.19
14.19 is their tiebreaker score, which is an indication of both the difficulty of opponents, and their performances against them.
With the recent patch is it now possible to pick up other players weapons. Clearly this has a huge impact on the game, particularly when it comes to ubers. Thus we have decided to prohibit picking up dropped weapons for the remainder of Season 21. This includes all weapons. We will reconsider the changes post season for the upcoming Seasons and Cups.
If you think that your opponent has picked up a weapon, please contact an admin on IRC. The punishments may range depending on the severity of the rule break and based on admin discretion.