Forum

What's the best way of improving in 6s ?

Created 4th January 2021 @ 05:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ympo

Hey,

I played demo for 2 seasons now, had some good results (Open Pl -> Low Pl -> Mid?)
Keen to improve and kinda obsessed with improving, so any tips for “improving” ?

Im not a very experienced player so i tend to struggle a lot with things like gamesense/awareness, and sometimes i can get lost in this mess(lot of things to learn and can’t really find a starting point)

I know some of the answers will be pretty obvious like watch demos or be mentored but i would like to know if they’re other ways.

Hope this thread can help others too

Thx for your time :D

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2120622578

Azitio

Houssem

Listen to spolioz

ympo

Quoted from Azitio

Listen to spolioz

Im already listening ;-;

hr

Get yourself a journal and write down what you’ve done and what you’ve learned each day.
Make a routine of what you are going to do each day and for how long and stick to it.

For example when I was very keen on a scrim day my routine looked like this;

19:15 CET 30 mins dm (not much by some players standards but it’s so boring to me)
19:45 CET 10-15 mins tr_walkway
20:00 CET 4 maps of scrims
22:30 CET watch back the scrims (stv) on fast forward and take notes

I would also watch prem stvs on the weekend for upcoming maps in order to learn but I didn’t have a set routine for this.

One interesting way to increase your gamesense I’ve found that I’ve never heard anyone else mention is to watch povs of players that you played against (stv) and look at your positioning/decision making from their perspective and you’ll often be quite surprised and gain a better understanding from it.

Other than that it’s not really rocket science as long as you are keen, curious, and play a lot, as well as don’t neglect certain aspects (like not watching demos because you don’t enjoy it).

ympo

thanks for that really appreciate the tip !

Last edited by ympo,

akachu

GAA

dont get sucked in, focus on your real life

srs advice

mentoring and asking your teammates if you can do anything better

ympo

Quoted from akachu

dont get sucked in, focus on your real life

srs advice

Yeah i just have nothing better to do, because of covid of course

Last edited by ympo,

mak

Gungaginga

Making a list of all the things you’d like to improve as others have said is really good, but one big thing after this is to deal with these 1 issue at a time. Prioritise what you think are the worst aspects of your play and work on them one by one until they are very rare / completely gone. If you attempt to fix a bunch of things at once you will probably not make many big improvements on any of them. Some things that are harder/more important will take more time but that is to be expected. As you get to the end of your list you will notice they become easier, not just because of descending importance but because of all the other good habits you built.

ympo

Thanks Mak, didn’t think of that before but now it makes total sense!

Last edited by ympo,

Add A Reply Pages: 1