Forum

LF 6s Scout (Open) Mentor

Created 7th March 2016 @ 00:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Storm Bastard

I recently joined my first 6s team and they have made me really want to get better at this gamemode. I have played a few seasons of highlander before but I am new to 6s.

I think my aim is alright its just everything else I need help with. I don’t know when to go aggressive and when not to so often I’ll miss opportunities and other times make stupid plays. A lot of the time I obliviously run into the enemy combo because I just can’t read the queues that happen in game and figure that I probably shouldn’t run around that corner. I have found from watching my games that I spam too much with my scattergun meaning I have no shots loaded when the enemy team pushes so I often get too many assists and can’t finish kills.

I would really like someone with more experience than myself who will be able to spot my mistakes for me and hopefully help me correct them.

Thanks.

YppY

la bamba

Storm I will be looking at our demos and I can focus especially on you if you want. Now I’m by no means an expert scout, but I helps to have input form multiple people.
Also there are some ways to get better gamesens without having someone guide you. As I have told you, watching POV, demoreview and casts. Just try to pick up on when they go in or what they do.
But there is really no substitution for practice, only so much can be taught. Just play and try things out. Sometimes you will die, but as long as you think after every death, why you died and what to do better next time. You will eventually learn what works and what does not.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Hold TAB the entire time you aren’t fighting.

Storm Bastard

Quoted from YppY

Storm I will be looking at our demos and I can focus especially on you if you want. Now I’m by no means an expert scout, but I helps to have input form multiple people.
Also there are some ways to get better gamesens without having someone guide you. As I have told you, watching POV, demoreview and casts. Just try to pick up on when they go in or what they do.
But there is really no substitution for practice, only so much can be taught. Just play and try things out. Sometimes you will die, but as long as you think after every death, why you died and what to do better next time. You will eventually learn what works and what does not.

That would be great if you could. I’m sure you’d be able to spot my mistakes.

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from fraac

Hold TAB the entire time you aren’t fighting.

I sure do love having the scoreboard up all the time and being unable to see anything.
But viewing it fairly regularly is a good idea.

Add A Reply Pages: 1