Forum

Sensitivity: a long story

Created 23rd May 2015 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

damneasy

high sens = win

Pistolvania

I’ve stuck with 3,7 cm/360 ever since I got a proper mouse and started playing comp. I got zoom sensitivity to help with sniper precision. High sens works so that I can turn quickly if needed. Also works for medic where you’re always turning around to check for spies.

firej

i guess with any sens thats like 40cm or less you can still move your arm fast enough to do a quick turn if needed.

i agree to hr, changing sensitivity is a thing, but its not like you get better at the game only because you change your sens to someone elses sens.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I came in expecting a Squirrel drama, came out disappointed.
There is no meta to sensitivities, whoever says otherwise is just misleading the curious.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from hr

[…]
I disagree, there is not one best sens but there are pros and cons to a higher or lower sens, to say it doesn’t matter is wrong. But of course the people that just want to copy someone else’s sens because they are good are silly.

This tbh
Warhuryeah made a video explaining his own input on sensitivity and finding a balance between twitch and tracking, which I’ve found very useful. Up until that point I was convinced that sens was just a matter of personal taste, but that turns out to be wrong. Some sensitivity ranges are just better than others, especially in regards to class.

I went from really high sens (ranging from 3cm/360 to 5 cm/360, not too sure what exact value was) to bit by bit increasing my sens and have found a comfortable range between 16 to 20 cm/360 that just works. Currently using 18.5cm/360

Last edited by Fuxx,

Phnx

Quoted from Pistolvania

I’ve stuck with 3,7 cm/360 ever since I got a proper mouse and started playing comp. I got zoom sensitivity to help with sniper precision. High sens works so that I can turn quickly if needed. Also works for medic where you’re always turning around to check for spies.

I don’t think anyone needs to use 4 cm per 360 to do a fast 180, until 20 cm per 360 it is still fairly easy and doesn’t require much movement to do a 180.

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from smziii

[…]
noone

funkiller

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Quoted from smziii

one day people will learn that sensitivity doesnt matter at all but until then we will have the same thread atleast once a month

too naive

AB

was 4.5″/360, is now 6.3″/360 so I can track a bit better and not flail as much. I’d like to make it slower still but anymore than that means I can’t keep my wrist locked and would need to move it around which is really uncomfortable.

rockie

Quoted from AB

was 4.5″/360, is now 6.3″/360 so I can track a bit better and not flail as much. I’d like to make it slower still but anymore than that means I can’t keep my wrist locked and would need to move it around which is really uncomfortable.

fucking use cm this is not america

AB

Quoted from rockie

[…]

fucking use cm this is not america

suck my 6″ dick

Yggdrasil

Fe |

used to play with something like 10cm when i started playing tf2, then to 5cm when i was a shittytryharding pyro main. 
Until i came to the realisation that i couldnt hit anything hitscan-related reliably and lowered it gradually. But my mosuepad became too small and my mouse couldnt track my movement anymore when doing fast flicks. So i was stuck with something around 20cm until i upgraded. Now im at 40cm and i improved immensely at every class ever since.

rockie

just play with the sensitivity you feel comfortable with and don’t change it, so it means same sens for every class

spammyh

brew

50cm/360, yet really comfortable with it.
Back in Quake days I used to have really old shitty mouse with only 400 or 450 dpi (I can’t remember, really)
Story behind is that I got used to it and I don’t really want to change it to something else.

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

As someone who mostly played rts’s in the past, I am much more comfortable with quick and precise mouse movements.
I stuck with about 2.5cm/360 up to late 2013, but when they banned the Short Circuit, I needed something more suitable in order to track with the Pistol, so I progressively lowered my tf2 settings to reach about 9-10 cm / 360. This allows me to still twitch like I always have, as well as to track comfortably.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »