Forum

OPEN: Hot Snow, a Division 4-5 mix group

Created 14th December 2014 @ 14:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

taube

BWB

Edited the Q&A once again.

Q: Why make a division 4-5 mix group when there is already tf2center and tf2pickup?A: For most division 5 players, TF2Center is too easy and they just play there to have fun and mess around with their friends. TF2Pickup is mostly division 4-5, but there are also a bunch of players from higher divisions who play pickup with their main class, and if they play a different class, the game knowledge/sense still makes a skill gap. This mixgroup is meant for DIVISION 4-5 PLAYERS ONLY (with some exceptions). 

Q: Are there any conditions which I need to have if I want to join?

A: You need to be division 4-5 obviously, you have played more then 5 officals in the last 2 seasons, you know how to play at least 2 classes (I count roamer and pocket separately), you have a working microphone and mumble and you are from Europe. If you have all of these requirements post a comment reply down below or add an administrator down below. I check this post every day so please be patient about it. If you don’t get invited for more then 2 days, contact an administrator from the group.

Q: Are there any rules for the group?

A: No flaming, racism or being a dick overall. If your microphone is broken then don’t play. No going perma offclass. This doesn’t mean you cant have fun in the mixes, but there are limits to which you can mess around.

Q: When will the a mix happen?
A: When we have around 15-16 players online in the group. There should be an announcement when a mix happens.

Q: Do you have a mumble and TF2 server?
A: We have our own private mumble server provided by CleanVoice which provides free servers. If the mumble server runs into problems I will try to get one which you need to pay for, but for now we’re keeping this one. We don’t have our own TF2 server, but we can just easily borrow servers from serveme.tf before a mix happens.

Q: How can I help?
A: Spread the word! We need people to join the mix group in order for us to start. In the future if we need to get a pay-to-use mumble server I will also take donations to cover the mumble fee’s.

Q: Why call the mixgroup “Hot Snow” ?
A: Because the name “division 5 mix group” sounds boring and I already had this logo designed by Juvo, so I decided to name it Hot Snow.

Last edited by taube,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Great stuff, good luck.

CHERRY

Can I join? Didn’t play in a long time, but will play some lobbies etc. before to get back.

taube

BWB

Quoted from CHERRY

Can I join? Didn’t play in a long time, but will play some lobbies etc. before to get back.

As I stated above, I will open/release it if I get enough positive ratings. I don’t want to open it straight away and only get a few people to join, which would force me to shut it down, that’s my biggest fear.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

You’ll probably need to invite-to-group lots of d5 guys and steamfriend team leaders to tell them about it personally.

hr

Seems cool but realistically you’re going to be hard pressed to find enough people to be able to have regular mixes on this I think, but then again I could be wrong as I think pu2 does alright and there are more people in d5 than in d2-prem right?

taube

BWB

Quoted from hr

Seems cool but realistically you’re going to be hard pressed to find enough people to be able to have regular mixes on this I think, but then again I could be wrong as I think pu2 does alright and there are more people in d5 than in d2-prem right?

I don’t really plan to have these mixes be the next TF2Center for d5 people, just a group which mixes few times a day. And I think the number of players in d5 is somewhat the same compared to d2-prem

Phnx

I didn’t understand your point to not play pickups if you’re in div 5.
you are actually afraid of playing vs better players because there is an actual chance of getting better because of it?
the more people not wanting to play from lower divisions the less pickups will be played and the higher division average will be.
also the idea of ONLY div 5 mixing seems irrational, just make a mid-low mix group for div 4-6 (and it kinda exists already so just fill it up, seems way better)

hr

Quoted from Phnx

you are actually afraid of playing vs better players because there is an actual chance of getting better because of it?

People might want to do both I guess. Then again I’m of the opinion that mixing doesn’t really help you improve and I personally hate mixing above d4 because I have to try harder.

Joshi

am i good enough? <3

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I mean, you don’t want to exclude d6 guys either. A low div mix group has been missing for a while. It would be great if there was one I could recommend.

taube

BWB

Quoted from Phnx

Not saying I’m afraid of playing pickup. Played a few games and mostly got butchered, but I did learn a few things. The plan for Hot Snow is a mix group with people of equal/slight different skill who can enjoy playing together and not get stomped.

Last edited by taube,

.Bnk

Would defintly join it. But maybe you should consider including more divisions, like division4.

taube

BWB

Might actually add d4. But the thought of that just sounds like TF2Pickup v2.0

CHERRY

Quoted from taube

Might actually add d4. But the thought of that just sounds like TF2Pickup v2.0

Nah the guys wrecking us in tf2pickup are far better

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »