Forum

A medic's job in pushing?

Created 17th June 2014 @ 16:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Doctor

Hi, Im rather new too the competetive TF2 and I wonder what do I do in the push. Im asking on both 6v6 and highlander.

Scenario: I got the uber and the team is ready to go and capture the last point. What now?

Collaide

Not claiming to be an expert but this is what I have snapped up

For 6v6:

Depends what setup you opponent has, and their uber situation.

Equal ubers – It might be worth having a pick class, sacrifice to get uber forced, or solo uber. (mostly on pocket since demo can’t really do as much with a solo uber)
What you should be doing in a solo uber is ubering on the pocket without him dropping to low. Make sure you make them pop, and then go back and build faster / or repush if your pocket/demo did a lot of damage

uber advantage – Uber in 3 players with you, focus medic to make sure he doesn’t get uber or if the advantage is 100 to approx 30%?, just kill anyone.)
What you should be doing is making sure nobody dies in the push aka flash people.

player advantage – uber 1/2 players, get kills, make sure you don’t drop the pocket or he’ll cut you

player disadvantage – You should only push with this if you have uber advantage? and it’s still risky. if the uber advantage is large, you can wait for that player to respawn anyway

For HL:
Same as pub

Doctor

ty

Henghast

open
bobs

If you have time make sure your team is buffed. It should be something you should be doing whenever you have time especially when holding a choke point. This includes scouts and roamer (or flank generally for HL) they are important players and will appreciate the love.

ondkaja

IKEA

Your job is to let everyone die, and when they all spec you, you drop the uber in an amusingly horrible fashion

doks

you have advantage – push
you have disadvantage – force uber, retreat, get own uber, push
both teams have uber – force uber, let it run out, push
neither team has uber – push [if you have 6 players up]

depending on how your team is playing give ubers to demo + pocket or just pocket and let the demo do damage from a distance or come in for a clean up.

Don’t be afraid of things, your tem is gonna protect you. So be aggressive with them, just do’t run into things. That’s the best I’ve got

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

1) Call what you want to achieve in the push and who to focus, eg ‘We’re pushing in 5 seconds, focus medic then demo’, or ‘Get ready to push, force pop then get out’

2) Flash jumpers so they take no damage to get close

3) Stand calmly in the middle of the carnage looking for that vital flash to save someone, being aware of what’s happening around you is crucial. It’s also easy when you’re shiny as taking no damage is useful.

4) Look behind you for anyone of your team joining the fight or any pesky scouts waiting for the uber to finish.

5) Keep an eye on the remaining percentage of uber and start running away when you have like 20% left. Staying alive after uber is a big thing for a medic, dieing shortly after the uber runs out can be bad and cost you a CP.

6) Flashing to keep people alive is much more useful than the extra half a second you gained from not flashing.

7) Don’t be afraid to leave team mates who get too far ahead of you, see point 5.

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

Quoted from ondkaja

Your job is to let everyone die, and when they all spec you, you drop the uber in an amusingly horrible fashion

+

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Zangetsu

[…]

+

the zangetsu way

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from Zangetsu

[…]