Forum

A question to prem/div 1 medics

Created 2nd January 2014 @ 22:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from kos

[…]

Jesus Christ will you shut up with your passive aggressive shit. I can read English, I understood perfectly well what he said.

OK, just for the sake of clarification. Of course I am not against copying and pasting of someone’s config because it gives the best heal setup, that would be idiotic. It takes all of 2 minutes and makes a quantifiable difference to your game.

I am against the premise of this thread; the mindset of medics/players in lower divisions with regards to improving. The obsession with shortcuts to being good, replicating the setups of prem players as if it’s gonna make them any better. I’m yet to see any real theory crafting or legitimate questions about actual play on this “Training & Tactics” subforum. It pisses me off that more people will use a prem players config than watch their demo.

Having a proper config IS a shortcut to being good, as is having a proper mouse, monitor, mousepad etc etc. He might not know himself the advantages or disadvantages of x setting but people who are good can offer input and explain why they prefer this or that etc.

2nuts

gwan kos cut this fool

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

haha nerds

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

you’r 6st div ondkaja

Hallow

P.O.P

get out kos

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from kos

It pisses me off that more people will use a prem players config than watch their demo.

Is watching demos of prem medics actually useful? I found that so much of the game relies on comms that if you only have a demo it’s pointless.

I agree that people would benefit more from discussion of more important things like when to uber single targets, multiple targets etc.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

kos is shit

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

Is watching demos of prem medics actually useful? I found that so much of the game relies on comms that if you only have a demo it’s pointless.

I agree that people would benefit more from discussion of more important things like when to uber single targets, multiple targets etc.

I don’t think what he was saying applies only to medics, though. I agree with you, but with other classes, demos are more useful – yet people still don’t do it.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]

I don’t think what he was saying applies only to medics, though. I agree with you, but with other classes, demos are more useful – yet people still don’t do it.

mate, demos are as usefull for medics as they are for everyone else.

BaR

REVERTO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1RIjdkZwI&t=61s

BaR

REVERTO

http://www.charliebitme.co.uk/ekmps/shops/ryanacres/images/men-s-pars-r-us-t-shirt-398-p.jpg

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

mate, demos are as usefull for medics as they are for everyone else.

personally i find watching demos from prem players fairly pointless. i mean sure you get a taste of what you’re supposed to be doing, but its usually along the lines of “ok this person just made no mistakes at all, now what?” (and if they did make mistakes you probably wouldnt even realise); i find learning from mistakes much more effective, by for example watching your own demos (which is boring), or those of other players at your own level, or perhaps from players slightly above your own level

WRU

Xacher got this in blood, creating a shitstorm from nothing but a couple of sentences and intention to content his curiosity

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Jesus christ this thread…

Freddy

the amount of mad over videogames in here

Last edited by Freddy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »