Forum

Mentoring for tf2pickup medics

Created 5th May 2013 @ 17:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vali

-9w-

Been considering starting back up with a bit of mentoring again so I thought I’d throw this offer out here and see if there is any interest for it.

If you are one of the nice regular and active medics on the tf2pickup channel and would like somebody to discuss questions you have or to review a demo and give you some feedback on your play, hit me up. While this is primarily focused at new medics playing pickups to improve, if you are one of those few people that actually offclass medic in pickups on a regular basis and would prefer mentoring in your main class, I can also do that.

For demos I request either PoV or STV of a close game. Help will be subject to availability and I’m unlikely going to be able to spend a lot of time helping a particular individual in a short time span. I am happy however to continue providing help over a longer period of time as long as you are still a regular and active pickup medic.

If you fit the criteria and would like some pointers, please get in contact with me. If you know somebody who would like this but doesn’t read ETF2L or whatever, give them a nudge this way.

Leif

Great initiative, good luck with that Vali!

vox

-9w-

Dibs :))

svins

alus
P.O.P

Hi! Im a very nice and somewhat okishy activish medic on tf2pickup. I need help with those “gay” or “lamer” strats on mge though. Also I need help with the best medic hat tbh.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from svins

Hi! Im a very nice and somewhat okishy activish medic on tf2pickup. I need help with those “gay” or “lamer” strats on mge though. Also I need help with the best medic hat tbh.

!remove and you can’t go much wrong with the Vintage Tyrolean.

I kinda want to say something witty about you being a poor demoman thus probably being an even worse medic, but I just can’t think of a good pun. Also, I haven’t insulted someone from rej in quite a while (yes you’re still rej you can’t escape that shit)

You’ll need a MEDIC to HEAL your bad skill??
hhahahaaaa
yes shintazzzzzzz woooooooo

:(

_Ben

;?

This is an offer I can’t refuse!

Ace

Quoted from Shintaz

I kinda want to say something witty about you being a poor demoman thus probably being an even worse medic, but I just can’t think of a good pun. Also, I haven’t insulted someone from rej in quite a while (yes you’re still rej you can’t escape that shit)

You’ll need a MEDIC to HEAL your bad skill??
hhahahaaaa

woooooooo

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Shintaz

It’s ok shin, I feel offended and violated etc.

Quoted from _Ben

This is an offer I can’t refuse!

The student has long surpassed the master, I have nothing left to teach you.

Last edited by Vali,

Spike Himself

TC

Just out of curiosity; why tf2pickup?

Isn’t it easier to go over things for a med who’s actually in a team, as so many things are team related?

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Spike Himself

To make tf2pickup better.

Serotone

#FreePat

Quoted from TurboTabs

[…]

To make tf2pickup better.

He said mentor not magician.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Spike Himself

Isn’t it easier to go over things for a med who’s actually in a team, as so many things are team related?

For starters, there a lot of pickup medics that are in teams. I also wouldn’t say that there were that many things that were solely team related: there are a whole bunch of skills that are common (basic) to medic play and a lot is reactive/adaptive play to what is happening. You are of course reliant on your team to a large degree as medic but your decisionmaking can still be evaluated regardless of their actual performance.

Why pickups? The number of medics actively playing in any given pickup channel has always been much lower than the other classes, so I’d like to offer this as a thank you to those who choose to do it. Currently, many of these players are from the lower divisions and so not only would they benefit substantially from mentoring (either for their team or establishing themselves in 6v6) but the quality of pickups would also be improved. Also if someone was really desperate for some personal mentoring, they can have the option of regularly medding pickups as a means to that end and increase the number of active medics on the channel.

Add A Reply Pages: 1