Forum

Looking for maincalling mentor

Created 3rd April 2013 @ 12:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Dave

{o,o}

I´m a div 4 main medic and can maincall in german easily but in english i have some troubles so i´m looking for a div 2-3 maincaller (doesn´t have to be medic).

Add me on Steam.

Ace

So you’re saying that you don’t actually need a maincalling mentor, but just someone to teach you English?

Muerte

elev8

http://translate.google.co.uk/

Cookeh

Quoted from Muerte

http://translate.google.co.uk/

Typical moo.

doks

you can add me, i speak english and german. might be the help you need.
have maincalled in all teams except cido

Last edited by doks,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Your problem is the language, not the calling itself.

Get yourself and your team a set of pre-defined calls so you dont need to start explaining calls midgame and therefore avoid having to ‘translate’ your thoughts midgame.

also, dont afraid to speak gibberish. people will mostly understand you anyways.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ash

dont afraid to speak gibberish

I see what you did there :D

But yeah, Ash is right; just call things in Germlish if you must, so long as you get your point across it’s fine.

Bear in mind you can’t magically learn English from a ‘mentor’ – you learn a language by speaking it. It takes time.

Dave

{o,o}

Quoted from Ace

So you’re saying that you don’t actually need a maincalling mentor, but just someone to teach you English?

No. I speak english in a way everyone understands but it takes too long to translate my thoughts. That´s my main problem and i know that I just have to practice that.
I´m saying that I want to get an english maincalling mentor to learn maincalling better.
And I think learning from an english guy is way better than from a german one.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

“Nsx, schieß dem Fenster”

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from fraac

“Nsx, schieß dem Fenster”

please don’t try to speak german

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Not a fan of classic films, eh?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

please don’t try to speak german

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgBWDdVZrTs

Kemor

Ich habe Durchfall

ash

(Legend)
:D

You appear to have two different problems at hands:

1. Youre thinking in German, and trying to speak English, so basically translating every single thought of yours. To get over that, use English in every fucking occasion possible. When you start thinking in English subconsciously, you’ve done it. when you are at the point where your brain doesnt care whether your thoughts are English or German, you’ll be able to maincall properly in English. and do everything else in English.

2. Maincalls is something that’s kinda hard to mentor because it is so incredibly different from individual to individual and team to team. What external mentors can give you is feedback on your actual decision making, or rather the results of your decisions and helping you to make the right decisions in some random theoretical situation. But calling is much more than decision making, its leading a group of people. You need to get together with your team to improve your calling.
Ask them what they wish for from you, what they like and what they hate about your way of handling things. Main calling ist basically social engineering coupled with gamesense and a basic vocabulary.
If you work on your social skills main calling will come natural to you, in any language. Nontheless it may be that you are just not made to main call. Don’t tryhard too much, but try to delegate calling when needed.

:walloftextwithoutmuchsensetoit:

Add me if you want to discuss stuff in more detail. English or German. ;)

Last edited by ash,

svins

alus
P.O.P

Its not april fools anymore, sorry..

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »