Forum

LF div1/2 mentor for div4 team

Created 13th February 2013 @ 20:47

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from PliTy

[…]
Well if you’re not completely retarded you will see that we have asked for helping finding a mentor. What do you want? a fucking hat or something? Please stop being so immature. Its your decision if you would like to help recommend anyone. Sorry If i seem like im demanding help spike, but im not :) <3 . Peace.

i’m not being immature, but you are being just plain rude.
Honestly you deserve a forum ban for insulting people.

Last edited by rytis,

Asbak

[DU-R]

Quoted from PliTy

[…]
Please stop being so immature.

Says the guy who keeps trolling and acting like a retard in the same Mumble we visit.

ash

(Legend)
:D

1. Any possible mentor coming across one of your two threads will probably walk past, thinking you’re juvenile retards not worth investing time into. Sorry, that’s the light you make yourself appear in.

2. There were quite some many mentoring threads lately, of people offering mentoring, if you wouldve cared enough to just take a slightly closer look into this subforum.

3. Either way, a mentor isn’t a tool, and being generally helpful is nowhere near mentoring someone, when you compare the effort a mentor -should- invest in my opinion. Therefore demanding a mentor is the one thing what will not get you one.

Trane

You’ve used derivatives of the word retard far too much. I hope nobody helps you.

PliTy

Quoted from Trane

You’ve used derivatives of the word retard far too much. I hope nobody helps you.

Unfortunately, we have had some help. :) <3

PliTy

Quoted from ash

1. Any possible mentor coming across one of your two threads will probably walk past, thinking you’re juvenile retards not worth investing time into. Sorry, that’s the light you make yourself appear in.

2. There were quite some many mentoring threads lately, of people offering mentoring, if you wouldve cared enough to just take a slightly closer look into this subforum.

3. Either way, a mentor isn’t a tool, and being generally helpful is nowhere near mentoring someone, when you compare the effort a mentor -should- invest in my opinion. Therefore demanding a mentor is the one thing what will not get you one.

Ty for your opinion. Peace out <3

Last edited by PliTy,

PliTy

Quoted from fraac

I agree with NsX, people should want to help by default. But you’re asking a lot of a mostly juvenile community.

Thanks Fraac. Peace <3

PliTy

Quoted from Monkeh

Add me for some pcw’s if you like.

Will do mate. Thanks <3

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from fraac

I agree with NsX, people should want to help by default. But you’re asking a lot of a mostly juvenile community.

thats probably the most stupid thing ive read in a while on these forums

tf2 scene not helpful? tf2 scene mostly “juvenile”?
go name one other competitive esport which has such a friendly and welcoming behaviour like tf2 several people offering mentoring, streams etcetc
try that in cs or something and all u get is lol gtfo of newb lawl u so bad shitlord or try it in sc2 ” sure ill mentor u thats 80$ per hour”

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

You don’t even need mentoring to improve.

IPZIE

SUAVE

all the content you need to get better and improve is out there:

-streams / EVEN MENTORING STREAMS
-vod´s
-vanilla insights
-mge insights
-recorded mumble comms
-stv´s from all prem games

All this content is free and you can watch or listen to it as often as you want while a personal mentor would only be available to you a few minutes/ hours (?) a week. For me its not making any sense to be sitting there asking others to help me while i have all the possibilities in the (tf2)world to improve on my own. The guys now asking for mentors are the first generation with all these possibilities i mentioned above and still it´s the one saying that noone is helping them… its kind of a shame to be fair.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from smziii

[…]

thats probably the most stupid thing ive read in a while on these forums

tf2 scene not helpful? tf2 scene mostly “juvenile”?
go name one other competitive esport which…

I actually don’t use competitive esports as my frame of reference for maturity.

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

I can mentor you on how to be less of a dickhead, looking at you NsX

Last edited by lexs,

dodgydogman

Panda

Lots of people are angry on this thread, while I agree with them for the most part, instead of just adding to the angry mass I will try and help.

You can do a whole lot without a mentor tbh. Disclaimer: a lot of this probably isn’t perfect or even true, I’m going to be called a retard for some of these tactics, but it is more than enough to get division 4 and should be easy to understand.

START BASIC, its important to start basic as really the following is more than the majority of division 5 teams have gone through and a large number of div 4 teams will know.

Go through each map with your team. There are 3 things per capture point you should make sure everyone on your team has the same idea of. Players always think they know how to play a map, but usually these ideas are different than the rest of the team.

1. Holding defensively. Where each player should stand in order to play while in a player/uber disadvantage.

2. Holding aggressively. Where each player should stand in order to play while at an even, or close uber/player advantage.

3. The route each player will take to push into the next point and a basic rundown of their goal for the point. For example blands mid to spire for scouts might be, clear house, check resup, get on point asap, priority is to cap.

MAINCALLER, once you have completed this rundown on a map you can literally play a game only calling these three commands (hold 2nd defensive, hold 2nd aggressive, push middle) and your team can run as a well-oiled machine.

A large reason making sure everyone knows where to hold and how to push makes it far easier for your team to find kinks in its play. For example, if everyone knows where to hold, no one should really die when holding defensive or aggressive. Also it’s easier to work out what to do in certain situations if you are doing the same thing every time.

If you aren’t sure, here are some pretty simple rules you can follow for some pseudo team work.

– Your pushes are a hammer and flank. Pocket solly medic demo make up the hammer and the scouts make up the flank. Hammer pushes one side, flash pushes the other. Roamer pushes with hammer in order to jump the medic if ubers are even, otherwise he can push with the flank if he wants.

– If you have 2 player advantage you do a slow push.

– At least 1 scout protects the demoman when pushing mid.

– Roamer becomes pocket when pocket dies.

– Scouts never die when holding a point.

– If you push a point always ask your team if someone checked flanks, if not, count scouts, ask your team if they have seen 2 scouts, if no one checked flanks and there is a scout missing assume he is flanking.

TLDR, make sure everyone knows how to hold and push, scouts usually die too much when holding because they think they are better than they are.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

PliTy

Quoted from Asbak

[…]
Says the guy who keeps trolling and acting like a retard in the same Mumble we visit.

and what mumble would that be?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »