Forum

How can I improve my Scout skills?

Created 2nd March 2012 @ 09:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Deadliar

Okay let me introduce myself. I am Deadliar, a newcomer to the competitive scene (However i’m gonna shape my skills before attempting anything serious, also because school’s ending in May).

I am playing as a Scout with default weapons. How do I train? I usually train about a hour on MGE daily if I can but mostly I am training on stock gamemode servers by trying out various crazy tactics and trying to distract the enemies from the point/kart.

The question is, outside MGE practice and the stock map shenanigans, how can I improve as a scout?

For referrence, I exclusively play on Payload/CP when it comes to stock gamemodes.

Also I use MGE as a way to improve my aim with scattergun because hitting something with pistol isn’t near as challenging. Thanks in advance for responses.

blind

popkõrns

play the game.

krazko

IDK

try and play some mixes/lobbies…
join this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/6v6newmix , there is mixes for new people there and often more experienced people that can help you there…

also try join some dm servers as well as mge servers…

xiuxiu

[{ORAL}]

try mge against a soldier (stay scout obv). that way you’ll learn some stuff about movement and dodging.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Deadliar

[…]how can I improve as a scout?

Cap the points, hold the flanks, use your brain. Deathmatching is fun, but that’s only unless your key goal is to win.

atomic-

get hax and rock :]

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Watch the first 5 videos, go pro…

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mge+jh

this might sound dumb, but if you want to become super l33t at dodging spam then playing on crowded public server is a good idea.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

change 1 hour of mge per day to 5hours of dm or mge per day cu in prem 6 months

Dr Icecream

A wise man once gave me the answer to this and I shall now pass it on to you.

“By playing better”

Genmix will know who I’m referring to.

Deadliar

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Cap the points, hold the flanks, use your brain. Deathmatching is fun, but that’s only unless your key goal is to win.

That’s the mindset i’m following, I want to be a valuable asset to the team and not just a random baseball boy who can run fast. I only use MGE to practice my scattergun aim while I mostly play on crowded servers like No Talent where players have lots of experience and put up a big challenge, especially if the admins show up.

I found my ideal sensitivity for current mouse that allows me to do as well on close range as long range in a scout vs scout fight. My goal is to practice, learn how to be a valuable player and combine it with decent aim.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from .

this might sound dumb, but if you want to become super l33t at dodging spam then playing on crowded public server is a good idea.

Playing 1v1s is better for practicing dodge while on pub is more of to train your reactions if you playing scout, sure it might be challening to stay alive on dustbowl first point as scout but then again do you actully practice your dodge and not just generall awerness to where spam might just go to and react to it? Best way to get good at shitty games is to practice so get good :))))))

Spike Himself

TC

Most lower div scouts think the scout’s role is to get lots of kills. Might as well get it right from the start; your role is to capture points and to stay alive so that the enemy’s scouts can’t do anything.

Linus

[d¿s]

and also to get kills

Quoted from TviQ

[…]

Playing 1v1s is better for practicing dodge while on pub is more of to train your reactions if you playing scout, sure it might be challening to stay alive on dustbowl first point as scout but then again do you actully practice your dodge and not just generall awerness to where spam might just go to and react to it? Best way to get good at shitty games is to practice so get good :))))))

yea, that works too

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »