Forum

2 newcomers trying to get into TF2

Created 6th October 2011 @ 18:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vampyrfarfar

Heeeeeeeeello.

Me and a friend has recently started to play around with TF2 and we’re eager to start playing in a team.

Myself
As most of you must have figured out by now neither of us has any experience from TF2 teamplay, BUT!..
I have a long history of gaming behind me. I’ve been playing Counter-Strike competatively since 2001. Like a year ago I switched to CS:S for a little while and jumped right in to one of the top swedish CS:S clans. I’ve also been active in the QuakeWorld scene where I played in division 3 in the European Quake League. Been playing Quake 3, both CPMA and RA3 and done very well for myself there. In Quake4 I was ranked in the top14 of the European duel ladder on ClanBase.

Other than being a very good multi-gamer with a huge amount of raw talent and skill, I would suggest that I am also a very easy person. I speak english most fluently etc.

On the downside I work at an airport atm and therefor sometimes won’t be on until 22:00 CET, but I try to play as much as I can on any day of the week.

My friend is just an awesome guy and doesn’t suck either.
We’re both 22 years old.

I’d like to play Soldier or Medic
He plays scout.

Quest !?
Cheers ! :)

ashkan

I moved this to the General TF2 Forum, so maybe you get someone willing to help you out. However, if you’re looking for a team, you can put up a recruitment post here: http://etf2l.org/wp/wp-admin/index.php?page=recruit

Also, I recommend checking out this thread: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-12510/?recent=274229
And you should add your SteamID to your ETF2L profile. I assume this is you:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028285186
STEAM_0:0:34009729

shank

vs

Add me, i`ll help you :)

konr

Quoted from shank

Add me, i`ll help you :)

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from shank

Add me, i`ll bum you :)

torden

broder
syster

Gonna be difficult for you to get steady practice with a team, as standard playtimes for teams are 20-22.30cet. Outside of that, there’s going to be mixes and pickups. Here are some relevant irc chans:

#scantf2.pickup – scandi pickups + trävliga players who can help you
#pixeltf2.pickup – main pickup chan
#tf.wars – If you’ve got 6 players, this is where to find opponents

GangsterAlgot

Quoted from torden

Gonna be difficult for you to get steady practice with a team, as standard playtimes for teams are 20-22.30cet. Outside of that, there’s going to be mixes and pickups. Here are some relevant irc chans:

#scantf2.pickup – scandi pickups + trävliga players who can help you
#pixeltf2.pickup – main pickup chan
#tf.wars – If you’ve got 6 players, this is where to find opponents

As tårtan said, Join #scantf2.pickup and we’ll take care of you :)

Pendji

QUAKE? INSTA DIV 3

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

If you’re good friends, and want to play in the same team, and have good communication between the two of you, you should both try playing soldier. I think 2 x soldiers has the most opportunity for team work out of any other class combinations. Synchronised rockets shooting, swapping between a pocket soldier role and roaming soldier role on the fly. Both stepping up your level of aggression at the same time, synchronised rocket jumping to intimidate your opponents. Could be great fun!

Looking back on things, if Beta started playing TF2 at the same time as me, and I didn’t choose scout as my main class just to fill a gap in a team that I wanted to join, I think we would have probably formed a duo of soldiers rather than scouts.

Anyway, just my 2c. It’s fine to play any class :) Good luck with your search, and welcome to the game!

Add A Reply Pages: 1