Forum

6v6 Newbie mix gets an official valve newspost :D

Created 9th August 2011 @ 14:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ash

(Legend)
:D

Seriously good stuff you guys created there! :)

Its amazing how well the mixes work, and how insanely fast you get 12 peeps to play… took me like 3 minutes to get a full double mix Oo

Also I like the fact that there are quite many more experienced players partaking, love to all of you! :3

Stimpy

The good thing about these is 90% of the players do listen and want to learn form the more experainced comp players, some of them just have a natural skill.

Quoted from dougiie

one of the new players on my team had 3 doms today and he said..

“oh my god Ive never had dominations before – this is amazing”

totally awesome. That’s what it’s all about :D

This is what it is about, people enjoying it and wanting more. This has given alot of people the oppertunity to improve, I think this is brilliant for both the player and the people involved.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Played 2 games last night. Was fun.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

In the few games I have done there seems to sometimes be a Div 6 player who ha a little more basic experience than the new player and seems to get more inpatient at their lack of knowledge. Now I don’t know why this is, I know in most cases these guys aren’t raging but when these guys try to lecture them it sounds frustrated.

Try to remember these players are BRAND new, throwing them into a 6v6 game is tough work so be patient and if things go badly (couple games I played been 5-0’s) just calmly explain things they should try and change to improve. When I seen a player struggling in these games I encourage him/her as best I can with little things, like a Demo who couldn’t do rollouts, I told him not to both and I asked the entire team to go valley and to help him out – did a lot better.

It is about helping these players and trying to get them to enjoy the game so they stick around and continue, so keep it friendly and calm.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Stimpy

The good thing about these is 90% of the players do listen and want to learn form the more experainced comp players, some of them just have a natural skill.

Yep I was amazed at how nice and open to learn the players in the mix were… They were constantly asking if what they were doing was right, and every time I kindly advised them to correct their positioning in a different fashion they apologized for not having done that right away, even though it wasn’t really their fault for not knowing.

It was also quite baffling to see Exfane put up an event post at 01:30 for a mix at 02:00, and having the mix filling and people appearing on mumble almost directly after 01:30. So keen!

Big up to Monkeh and everyone else involved in getting this project rolling. Awesome initiative!

Pozitive

HWarriors

Quoted from skeej

[…]

It was also quite baffling to see Exfane put up an event post at 01:30 for a mix at 02:00, and having the mix filling and people appearing on mumble almost directly after 01:30. So keen!

It was only because Exfane is famous.

hans

Played a mix yesterday. While personally I realised that I’m just not made for leading a horde of newbies, I was really impressed by how patient and relaxed all of the admins were. Wow. Hats off to you guys!

choiie

keso

Played my first newbie mix today, must say it was a surreal experience, and LOADS of fun! Despite our demo not knowing how to sticky jump and a spanish solly who didnt know more english than “I DEFEND LAST NAO!!!” when we were pushing their spire, we managed to go from 3-0 to 3-3 in a matter of five minutes, which resulted in the entire team cheering in mumble, especially when our heavy managed to get a clutch quad kill with five seconds remaining of the final round.

I think a lot of people will feel like this is just a slightly improved version of TF2Lobby, but the way that people actually seem to want to improve just made feel so happy. Hopefully you will keep this project going, I will be signing up for more lobbies for sure :D

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from choiie

Played my first newbie mix today, must say it was a surreal experience, and LOADS of fun! Despite our demo not knowing how to sticky jump and a spanish solly who didnt know more english than “I DEFEND LAST NAO!!!” when we were pushing their spire, we managed to go from 3-0 to 3-3 in a matter of five minutes, which resulted in the entire team cheering in mumble, especially when our heavy managed to get a clutch quad kill with five seconds remaining of the final round.

I think a lot of people will feel like this is just a slightly improved version of TF2Lobby, but the way that people actually seem to want to improve just made feel so happy. Hopefully you will keep this project going, I will be signing up for more lobbies for sure :D

As the opposing teams “pro” for this game i can say that the tactic of not coming to mid at all ruined us, then everyone through our shit house too. XD

Was a fun time and the clutch defense of last point was almost as intense a feeling as watching any final game.

Well played to all involved, there’s a lot of raw talent that just needs help being molded into something more. A couple of people who were a bit quiet and unaware of calls and the like but that’s to be expected, all in all its very good fun and everyone has such a good attitude!

Quoted from choiie

I think a lot of people will feel like this is just a slightly improved version of TF2Lobby, but
the way that people actually seem to want to improve just made feel so happy. Hopefully you will keep this project going, I will be signing up for more lobbies for sure :D

Forced mumble and semi balanced teams are more then slightly improved imo

choiie

keso

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Yes, it’s a great improvement, but still the feeling once you were playing it might be mistaken for the one when playing your average lobby – of course with the difference that there’s always a dedicated caller. Me always taking up that role in lobbies it didnt make such a big difference for me, but some people might still find it quite as non-engaging as lobbies. All I’m saying is I suggest people should think twice, because I really feel these people like to improve, and this is one of their first steps into TF2 comp, and it feels good to be a part of it.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Well, both my soldiers couldn’t rocket jump even if their life depended on it and our demo kept hitting the ceiling with his sticky jumps :D.

vani

Bully

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Well, both my soldiers couldn’t rocket jump even if their life depended on it and our demo kept hitting the ceiling with his sticky jumps :D.

Patience, one day they will be fine gamers

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from vani

[…]

Patience, one day they will be fine gamers

Of course. And I had fun. But better than lobby? Nah.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Point is they can play without the enviroment of TF2lobby, doesn’t matter if they don’t know their jumps they can learn it and be taught. Lobbies seem to put off more people than they encourage to join 6v6 but these mixes, most the new people have a lot of fun and as Enef and Choije have been saying, can have an intense match with actual communication, no raging and someone to give them some help.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »