Forum

TF2mate issues with Soldier's gunboats

Created 19th March 2016 @ 22:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1

jerhms

Recently I installed a config from TF2mate (http://clugu.com/tf2mate/) without many additional settings (only Chris’ Highframes as a graphics config). I only added a few small features, having the primary and secondary not being visible, while keeping my melee visible as Soldier. I am a Roaming Soldier, and I have to use the gunboats. When I use this config with the gunboats as Soldier, and I try to switch to my melee (with scrollwheel), it seems to still go to my gunboats almost as if it acts like it is an actual gun/weapon, even though it isn’t. It is a huge delay and instead of immediately switching to my melee correctly, it just keeps the weapon I previously had and delays the effort. Instead of one mouse scroll, it requires two. When I scroll to my melee and it does this, it makes a source engine “error” sound — it’s familiar to the sound it makes when I have the fast weapon switch off. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks as always. All help and comments are appreciated.

jerhms

Bump

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

well thatll be because the gunboats are on the secondary slot?

jerhms

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

well thatll be because the gunboats are on the secondary slot?

Are you serious?

shoras

Quoted from jerhms

[…]

Are you serious?

Well, Gunboats do occupy secondary slot which you can’t switch to. And it does make a sound when you try to.

doks

Who the fuck uses wheel to change weps. But yeah… that WILL happen. The game doesnt sudenly ignore slot 2 couz you put gunboats on.

unu

Quoted from doks

Who the fuck uses wheel to change weps. But yeah… that WILL happen. The game doesnt sudenly ignore slot 2 couz you put gunboats on.

NeuTronas

Quoted from doks

Who the fuck uses wheel to change weps. .

4hp

If you want some advice, don’t use tf2mate. I did years ago when I was new to the whole config thing but the fact it defines aliases for pretty much every bind and command you have among with some other things makes it absolute hell to change anything about it later on.

You’re better off searching and installing the things you need one by one and learning how they work.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from doks

Who the fuck uses wheel to change weps

me, i find it a lot less clunky than taking my fingers off WASD.

shoras

Quoted from doks

Who the fuck uses wheel to change weps.

I use mwheelup for primary and mwheeldown for secondary, does that count?

Last edited by shoras,

letto

Quoted from 4hp

If you want some advice, don’t use tf2mate. I did years ago when I was new to the whole config thing but the fact it defines aliases for pretty much every bind and command you have among with some other things makes it absolute hell to change anything about it later on.

You’re better off searching and installing the things you need one by one and learning how they work.

SteveyJJ

CoWC

I presume the best answer to this problem is that tf2mate does not use +invlast (or +invprevious unsure which it is) to change to the weapon that you had last. That is the default behaviour for weapon switching as Valve would have you use, but in order to have a crosshair switcher you need to use a different weapon switch system (Usually made through aliases and scripts). This means that it will always scroll past the gunboats, beep because you don’t technically have a weapon and then move on to melee, causing the delay.

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

You can just scroll up once if you really need to use scrollwheel. For classes that mostly require only 2 weapons, I find it quicker to just switch using “lastweapon” (Q by default).

Add A Reply Pages: 1