Forum

Random Stutters

Created 16th May 2015 @ 19:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

My computer keeps stuttering every minute or so, it stutters for like 1-3 seconds then plays as normal. This is really weird and it only happens in TF2 and CS:GO. I usually get 300fps so I don’t think it’s a direct performance issue. I’m on windows 10 and this problem was there on windows 8 as well.

Anyone who would be so kind as to help me out? Would be very appreciated.

Last edited by fishyard,

Still looking for help on this one, google didn’t help me much.

Last edited by fishyard,

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Do you play with windowed + noborder parametres ?

Are you on a laptop?

Are your internal components clean and without dust?

Do you use the surface properties optimisation variables (surfaceproperties.txt) ?

Quoted from MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Do you play with windowed + noborder parametres ?

Are you on a laptop?

Are your internal components clean and without dust?

Do you use the surface properties optimisation variables (surfaceproperties.txt) ?

I play in fullscreen, the problem persists in windowed though.

I am not on a laptop

I do not think dust would be the cause of the problem as I had this problem the first time I ever used this computer.

Surface optimisation variables? I don’t knwo what that is so I guess I don’t use it.

Clark

SDCK!

So I ran some tests and apparently for me those stutters happen whenever my cooler slows down its speed due to temperature drop. So If I can somehow set my cooler to run at the same speed all the time my stutters should be fixed. Any idea how?

letto

Quoted from Clark

So I ran some tests and apparently for me those stutters happen whenever my cooler slows down its speed due to temperature drop. So If I can somehow set my cooler to run at the same speed all the time my stutters should be fixed. Any idea how?

bios?

Iller

tGa

MSI afterburner has an option to manually adjust fan speed on the gpu at least.
Speedfan is a standard program to control cpu fans if one does not want to go into bios manually.

By the way, I had some problems with freezing, stutters and crashing on my old GTX570. It turned out that underclocking the memory frequency for the gpu slightly made the problems go away. So it could be worth trying that and see if it has any effect.

Last edited by Iller,

Add A Reply Pages: 1