Forum

Bball respawn time

Created 10th May 2015 @ 14:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from Aron

fast respawn is mandatory, otherwise it’ll be boring spam until someone dies and then he can take all the time in the world to do some unspectecular jump into the hoop without the other team having a chance to prevent it even if its really slow and bad

ye bball is about airshots and rocket jumps not spam rockets and tactics imo

Last edited by Mundi,

draky

real bball is with fast respawn

Exotic

Quoted from dd5f

[…]

I feel like the opposite, everytime i play a game with slow respawns it turns into a spam battlewhere nobody wants to jump or do anything fun.

^ This
Freezecam OFF please.
Don’t even bother casting the tournament with 6 sec respawn time… It limits so much creativity and is dull to watch for viewers imo.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

no freezecam/fast respawn please

the last time i saw a bball cup was the comp.tf bball cup for NA and they also had fast respawns and it was really enjoyable to watch and i dont want to play 2v2 Ammomod, i want to see sick airshots and sick jumps all over the place

in my opinion it should be done like in the comp.tf bball cup
no freezecam and only stock, so you have shotgun but you are not afraid to die

Max

No freezecam ofc, with freezecam it’s boring as fuck and not fun.

scofield

|LP|

freezecam 0 is much better imo

HeliX

Freezecam off / fast respawn should definitely be mandatory. People wanna see the big airshots, crazy risky jumps, creative coop strats thought of in the heat of the moment etc., things such as these will be heavily restricted with 6s respawn, as other ppl have said, it’s basically just ammomod or MGE. Bball is not only about dm, but movement and creative coop stuff as well.

This fast-paced gameplay style has so much more potential to create a fun and hyped tournament, not only for the viewers, but also for the players.

fast respawn should definitely be mandatory

Are you able to set fast respawn WITHOUT any sourcemod / tftrue commands?

Hatim

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

Are you able to set fast respawn WITHOUT any sourcemod / tftrue commands?

well there’s a plugin that does show you freezecam for less than a second but you respawn immediately afterwards, pretty useful to know whether you can take off someone by rocket or shotgun.

slesh

Only thing i know about setting fast respawn is !rcon tftrue_freezecam 0
:3

damneasy

freezecam is so gay its just who can play mge the best, there’s 0 jumping just the 1 jump when you kill everyone, without freezecam there’s constant jumping and constant airshots, how is that not more fun :/

NeuTronas

Also increased airacceleration value would be nice too, it would give players more strafing abilities in the air to make jumps and airshots even more insane

Last edited by NeuTronas,

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

we should definitly not use other physics or something like that. at least i and probably most people wanna play the game we’re used too.
also as long as the respawns arent instant it’s ok. i just really dislike the instant spawns where you basically only jump jump jump till someone misses an air.
also pls no gunboats

Quoted from Hatim

[…]
well there’s a plugin that does show you freezecam for less than a second but you respawn immediately afterwards, pretty useful to know whether you can take off someone by rocket or shotgun.

I’m not interested in plugins. if hosting a cup we need a way to play it WITHOUT any mods installed on the server.

the map, config and whitelist should be the only files required to play the format.

Since there hasn’t been a real bball cup since 2013 we have to figure out what people want before it’s hosted.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

PdH

atleast on tf2center,a lot of games have been HURR DURR without freezecam.
personally,i think the respawntime should be atleast a few secounds

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »