Forum

Worst Internet EU

Created 22nd July 2014 @ 21:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

dodgydogman

Panda

If its only you having problems then its probably the wireless adapter. Try putting the computer closer to the router just to test whether the adapter is malfunctioning or something.

Do people still use networks cards? I use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003VIY03Q/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 USB wireless with a BT home hub and I’m getting 64/10 of of the 70/10 id be getting via wired. I’m also on a different floor 2 rooms across through 3 brick walls.

With the virgin media router I couldn’t use wireless because their router is shit, so try getting your own router/wireless extender for the router itself.

With virgin media I had to use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA511KIT-Gigabit-Powerline-Adapter/dp/B005FVOKM8/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1406127546&sr=8-18&keywords=powerline powerline adapter. However due to the nature of how hot they run they will routinely break every 6-12 months, which I didn’t mind as it was my only solution but its up to you.

You haven’t mentioned how far away you are from the router or whether a laptop/mobile in the same location has issues. You have mentioned testing the lan connection for issues. If you get the same issues on lan then its just the isp. If your parents wont change isp then either wait until you move out or be a sociopath and mess with the internet connection until they want to change too.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

So||o Wo|o

BESTIⱯS

I’m like 8 meters away in straight line from the router and some master. In case i wanted LAN i’d have to re-do half of the flat or get a long cable crossing all the house and family is not up for that. Maybe i can consider buying a powerful adapter to compensate this packet loss

Soney, i did all that except for the cable. And yes, my brother has 3 computers with no connection problems all via wifi and been testing it in my room. But as mentioned, using his network adapter doesn’t solve the problem.

Finally being a psycho wouldn’t work, my bro would do anything to prevent me having a 1st-world internet.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from So||o Wo|o

I’m like 8 meters away in straight line from the router and some master. In case i wanted LAN i’d have to re-do half of the flat or get a long cable crossing all the house and family is not up for that. Maybe i can consider buying a powerful adapter to compensate this packet loss

Soney, i did all that except for the cable. And yes, my brother has 3 computers with no connection problems all via wifi and been testing it in my room. But as mentioned, using his network adapter doesn’t solve the problem.

Finally being a psycho wouldn’t work, my bro would do anything to prevent me having a 1st-world internet.

hook him in da gabba m8

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

You could try out powerline? It uses your electricity network as internet cables, Google it.

NightWing94

I play on 150ms.. :P

Septique

Quoted from NightWing94

I play on 150ms.. :P

Where is Allah TF2 League

NightWing94

Quoted from Septique

[…]
Where is Allah TF2 League

There isn’t one? Rude!

Falcon0408

Powerline is worth trying if its a wireless distance problem. if it’s just multiple devices on shit internet then powerline wont make much difference (maybe increased stability, my router last year would constantly drop the wireless connection, but my Powerline always stayed connected)

Maxi

BRIT

Powerline adapters?

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=lp_1194444_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1406761454&sr=1-1

these bad boys

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2