Forum

High div players joining lower divs during season.

Created 28th May 2014 @ 22:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from Kuferl

[Please don’t post admin chatlogs without permission]

??

On topic: no fun allowed? So when you get to play in prem you never can play anywhere else but in prem?

Stupid topic.

Last edited by AnimaL,

Popcorp

Quoted from huhystah

To clear things up, it wasn’t tutorial or anyone else from the team trying to bribe me to join the team (in fact i only know tutorial from stacked hl team). I joined them to fill in the demoman slot just because kasabubu’s PC died and i felt like helping out for a bit.

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/190668/

“tuto is a retard, give me team pls. will support with shit pipes and even worst stickys.
will do div 3 aswell
who names their kid Anna?!”

Suuuure?

Last edited by Popcorp,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

If you want to talk about particular examples, then we can do that. Our team has had a lot of roster changes from the original starting 6, which was considerably weaker. Even then I agree we were still a top div2 team, but I would not have personally placed us in div1 at that point. However now after these changes I can easily understand why people are confused that we are in div2.

And I’ll just clarify the situation again, seeing as I have got stick from quite a few people for not seeding my own team correctly . Why should I have a say in the div of my own team, how stupid is that? I did not have a say in the placement of my own team.

If you’re talking about a general rule, then it just won’t happen. If we see a team with too many high-div players, we ask for the lineup and assess as best we can the skill level. It’s very hard to accurately predict how a team like this will do, and that is why sometimes it ends up wayward.

Also; I am sure you can find multiple cases of topics just like this one in the forums. You can go read it all there instead of it being posted again here, it’d be much easier for us all.

Last edited by Permzilla,

wlad

http://etf2l.org/matches/50696/

give us win pls

rytis

PrettyGay

so which high div player did they get?

Popcorp

Quoted from wlad

http://etf2l.org/matches/50696/

give us win pls

Did you guys even allowed him to play?

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/190668/

“tuto is a retard, give me team pls. will support with shit pipes and even worst stickys.
will do div 3 aswell
who names their kid Anna?!”

Suuuure?

Don’t draw to conclusions.

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Take a guess.

Popcorp

Quoted from Freakie

Take a guess.

im blind =D

Last edited by Popcorp,

botman

Well, we lost our main demoman due to his PC breaking down, and some opponents didn’t allow mercs, so we had to get someone to actually join the roster…

huhystah

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Plenty of high division people play in very low division teams, yet still no one complains. Logic.

Last edited by huhystah,

Morgus

The problem is not in letting people from higher divs play on lower teams but the restrictive divs, anyway who the fuck cares about it other than the poster?
Take it as a chance to improve instead of whining because other teams have roster changes mid-season.

P.S: Kasabubu PC did die and he didn’t show up in a few scrims because of it.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Morgus

Take it as a chance to improve instead of whining because other teams have roster changes mid-season.

Not that I’m against this particular happening but why is that this argument is constantly used in these situations?

Morgus

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

Not that I’m against this particular happening but why is that this argument is constantly used in these situations?

Because it makes sense and doesn’t make you look like a whiny kiddo, it’s just a game right?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Morgus

[…]
Because it makes sense and doesn’t make you look like a whiny kiddo, it’s just a game right?

Yea it’s a game but what’s the point of divs if this argument is used as a get out of jail free card?

Morgus

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

Yea it’s a game but what’s the point of divs if this argument is used as a get out of jail free card?

Hate to quote myself but:
The problem is not in letting people from higher divs play on lower teams but the restrictive divs.
If the system is broken/suboptimal you can’t blame the individuals inside it(actually you can’t blame anyone because it would be a huge mess to change the div system, and nobody is getting paid to change anything)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »