Forum

STV provider without added gameserver

Created 20th March 2014 @ 00:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ash

(Legend)
:D

I am looking to get a decently sized STV server for my team’s matches. I am 110% satisfied with my current gameserver’s performance and willing to pay every cent it costs; but I am not willing to pay that good money for a STV that has more than a dozen slots.

Does anyone know a provider that will allow you to rent JUST a STV without any added gameserver or whatever? Or some alternative for that matter.

ty

Wux

-9m-
-9m-

CKRAS do but they ain’t cheap – https://www.ckras.com/en/product-tvserver.html

If you’re technically minded your best bet would likely be buying a cheap vps and sticking it on there.

feeling

ist doof

Can’t you just increase tv_maxclients in your server’s config?

octane

I think it makes your server lag if you reach a certain amount of clients, this is why there are relays set up when big matches are happening.
On topic cant you just book another normal server and set it up as relay? I’ve read an article about that i’ll try to find it

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from feeling

Can’t you just increase tv_maxclients in your server’s config?

I am mildly sure that would go against the provider’s TOS, I’ll look it up though.

Quoted from Wux

CKRAS do but they ain’t cheap – https://www.ckras.com/en/product-tvserver.html

If you’re technically minded your best bet would likely be buying a cheap vps and sticking it on there.

Funnily enough I already use CKRAS, and I am just not willing to pay that same money for a STV >10 slots :P

I’ll look into the VPS option. Anyone ever tried that?

Quoted from octane

I think it makes your server lag if you reach a certain amount of clients, this is why there are relays set up when big matches are happening.
On topic cant you just book another normal server and set it up as relay? I’ve read an article about that i’ll try to find it

Would be great if you got your hands on that article!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ash

I’ll look into the VPS option. Anyone ever tried that?

Same idea as having a dedi, just less powerful and less reliable system resource wise. Sounds like a pretty good option for what you’re after tbh.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

A VPS is your best bet. You might be able to run it with just 512MB RAM.

You don’t want to increase tv_maxclients on the server, because TF2 server runs on a single core and the STV stuff shares that core with your game. So your game might start lagging with a lot of specs in the server-STV.

Last edited by Arie,

Add A Reply Pages: 1