Forum

need a new monitor

Created 16th December 2013 @ 13:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

any monitor nerds who can suggest me a decent monitor?

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

any monitor nerds who can suggest me a decent monitor?

Budget? What requirements?

atomic-

BenQ XL2411T
BenQ XL2420T
ASUS VG248QE

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

soz, forgot to add that

mby 100-200 euros
not really sure about the requirements but i heard 120hz makes u prem in tf2

BenQ XL2420T is amazing indeed.
120Hz for 100-200? Don’t see it happening, really, but maybe you get lucky during xmas sales somewhere.
Make sure you go 16:9 if you play ASSFAGGOTS, more effective FOV on 16:9 than 16:10.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I have a Hanns-G HS233H3B, 120Hz, paid like 175€ two years ago I think. Was the only one <200€ back then. I'm fairly happy with it, no problems yet.

But good luck finding it, couldn't find one amazon and some other sites I checked…

DavidTheWin

(ETF2L Donator)
BTWFC
[ᴛᴍᴍ]

Don’t buy a monitor yet, wait until G Sync is released. It will be amazing. If you get a VG248QE now though, you will be able to buy an upgrade kit to add G Sync capability but that will require some serious modding so if you’re not confident with that I’d wait. G Sync is likely to only work with NVidia GTX650 and above graphics cards though so if you don’t have one then you might as well just get a decent 120hz monitor now.

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from atomic-

BenQ XL2411T
BenQ XL2420T
ASUS VG248QE

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from DavidTheWin

Don’t buy a monitor yet, wait until G Sync is released. It will be amazing. If you get a VG248QE now though, you will be able to buy an upgrade kit to add G Sync capability but that will require some serious modding so if you’re not confident with that I’d wait. G Sync is likely to only work with NVidia GTX650 and above graphics cards though so if you don’t have one then you might as well just get a decent 120hz monitor now.

Just wondering, will a 120Hz monitor with G-sync perform better than a 120Hz monitor running the game at 120fps all the time? To me it seems the g-sync monitor will just lower your refresh rate when your frame rate drops <120 Hz, and if you never have frame drops, you won't need g-sync, right?

Quoted from BenBazinga

and if you never have frame drops, you won't need g-sync, right?

This is correct. G-sync is not build for games like quake or tf2 where you can easily achive 120fps+ but for newer games where you’d need a nasa pc to do that.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

If you want a 120hz monitor for less than 350 you need to buy a crt.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

hmm, i was thinking of

BenQ RL2455HM
BenQ GL2450HM
BenQ GW2760

which of them should i buy?

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Rake

If you want a 120hz monitor for less than 350 you need to buy a crt.

The BenQ XL2411T costs like 280€

Goat

bobs

I bought my xl2411t for 255€
to op: save up a bit more and get a good 120hz or look for good used ones.

melody

Lutunen

well, i’ve found out 120hz isnt that different (might be eyes is not that fuc*ed, thats it), so i decided to buy a 60-80 hz new monitor. whats ur opinion about the 24″ Benq GL2450HM ?

Add A Reply Pages: 1