Forum

Buying a new laptop for school and gaming

Created 8th July 2013 @ 14:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

shank

vs

So I`m looking to buy a new laptop to use in school, but I would like to buy one strong enough to run tf2 @+-120 fps. I also need it to run music production software such as Ableton 8.

My budget is around 800 eur.

Curently considering Toshiba Satellite L875-12J 2,5 GHz, but would like some alternatives.

Last edited by shank,

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Lenovo IdeaPad Y500/510p

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

im using samsung rc30

quintosh

wL.

Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G87Maii

shank

vs

Quoted from quintosh

Im loving this one, thanks a lot!

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from shank

[…]

Im loving this one, thanks a lot!

the only thing is acer has a shit reputation in terms of cooling, I suggest you see how it goes, maybe you need to buy a cooling pad but there’s good ones for ~30€ out there

Last edited by quintosh,

shank

vs

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

the only thing is acer has a shit reputation in terms of cooling, I suggest you see how it goes, maybe you need to buy a cooling pad but there’s good ones for ~30€ out there

Okay, I ll check it out :)

lordstar

ç§
{€G}

Quoted from quintosh

I recently bought a previous configuration from that model range and those were my experiences:

– the cooling seems to hold up very well by Acer’s standards
– either the touchpad itself or the driver is quite rubbish
– the battery life is appalling
– the case does not feel as nice as their other gaming-compatible series (M5?), but not too shoddy either
– I did get unexpectedly poor fps in TF2 initially and only solved that by using some recent Beta drivers, I believe

These things aside it’s a nice device with an excellent screen for that price bracket.

quintosh

wL.

first thing i dont have this laptop but i am going to buy it until i get my old one sold

i think you are right about the battery being utter shit but the battery is being charged 24/7 whether i am in school or not and just unplugging it when i move class because we have sockets for every table

it depends really, i think you could use it for the whole “school day” for about half a year on lowest brightness and all that energy saving stuff but yeah if you have sockets you shouldn’t worry about battery

Last edited by quintosh,

Add A Reply Pages: 1