Forum

Monitor doesn't get signal on new build.

Created 29th December 2012 @ 14:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

pena

Specs:
GTX 660 ti
AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
Antec HCG 620
i5 3570k

Monitor doesn’t get signal with new GPU but does with my old Ati radeon hd 5750. The 660 ti works in my friends computer though. I installed windows with the 5750 and now when I boot with the 660 ti I can hear the windows login screen from my headphones but get no signal. Mobo also gives error code d6 with the new GPU (no console output devices found).

I have no idea what part is the faulty one here but my uneducated guess would be the psu somehow. The 660 ti requires 2 pcie power connectors and the 5750 1. Both of the connectors work on the 5750 though. I’ve probably tried everything but updating my bios already. Any ideas?

Jörge

TSUN~
derptex9

What PSU do you have?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Get a linetester and test the voltages on the psu. They probably have one at any pc store really, just go there and ask to borrow it or something. Another thing to consider is that does your new gpu fit in the slot completely, or is the connection to the pci-e slot bad?

E: he has the Antec HCG 620….

Last edited by Rake,

Le meme arrows

Did you seriously buy a GPU with 192-bit bus?

vøid

is it entire new build or did you change only some components? if yes, which ones ?

pena

Quoted from vøid

is it entire new build or did you change only some components? if yes, which ones ?

Entirely new.

Norrland3000

Update bios.

pena

Quoted from Rake

Get a linetester and test the voltages on the psu. They probably have one at any pc store really, just go there and ask to borrow it or something. Another thing to consider is that does your new gpu fit in the slot completely, or is the connection to the pci-e slot bad?

It looks pretty good to me http://i.imgur.com/DkxvY.jpg I happen to have one of those linetesters. Any idea which holes to stick them in of the 6 and what kind of readings i should expect?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/power-supply-test-multimeter.htm

Read that, didn’t really bother reading it thru, seemed ok on a glance.

Also, since your whole setup is new, you could just try your new psu with the old pc to see how that works.

Last edited by Rake,

pena

Quoted from Norrland3000

Update bios.

This actually worked. I was sure it was due to my shitty installation but of course even an idiot like me couldn’t fail at something so simple. Thanks for all of your input.

Add A Reply Pages: 1