Forum

TF2 Constantly crashing

Created 17th November 2012 @ 11:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

toota

swole.

I’m using dx8 and crashing when a player join the server. I tried using dx9 and sadly it worked but I can’t play dx9 with duo 1.8ghz…

controL91

DWe /

Have you tried Uninstalling your graphic driver and reinstall it completely? Try it after to that if you have excellent internet speed delete your tf2 and reinstall it.Also try Verify Game Cache and Defrag .

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from toota

I’m using dx8 and crashing when a player join the server. I tried using dx9 and sadly it worked but I can’t play dx9 with duo 1.8ghz…

I run dx8 and I don’t have this problem, so that seems to suggest it can’t just be dx8

I’ve temporarily fixed it (as many have suggested) by changing to dx9. Seems like there are no crashes, but ideally would like to go back to dx8.

We’ll see if valve fixes anything today since they are all back to work.

The whole Nvidia thing, uhh I have an Nvidia driver and I have the same problem, dx8 is crashing, dx9 is working, but dx9 is average FPS and kinda hard to play…so yeah…Valve please get ur stuff straight and dont release updates on Fridays ffs.

paju

Yeah, crash with dx 8.0/8.1, but working with dx9.
(I have nVidia)

AnimaL

ok so, here is the thing… i have NOT tested it, but when asking around and checking what settings most ppl who are not crashing on dx8 are running here is the single difference: cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff

default value is 45, chris highframes has 0… do the math

tl;dr – if ur crashing on dx8 try cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff 45 in your cfg

Quoted from AnimaL

ok so, here is the thing… i have NOT tested it, but when asking around and checking what settings most ppl who are not crashing on dx8 are running here is the single difference: cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff

default value is 45, chris highframes has 0… do the math

tl;dr – if ur crashing on dx8 try cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff 45 in your cfg

Still crashed when someone joined spectator.

paju

I have got m0re higs fps config and this cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff is default 45, with dx8 still crashing..

maukkaaa

Quoted from paju

I have got m0re higs fps config and this cl_jiggle_bone_framerate_cutoff is default 45, with dx8 still crashing..

Start by changing m0res fps configs to chris fps configs

And what about max frames.

yeahh I tried it, doesnt work.

AnimaL

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Fixed a client crash in the sound emitter

furbo

MUUQ
8-)

yay :D/

Will

DirectX 8 crashes have not been fixed
This update is labeled OPTIONAL (for servers)
Size is ~115 MB

toota

swole.

Nothings fixed I still crash when someone join the server

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »