Forum

Are there any serious gameserver hoster?

Created 12th July 2012 @ 17:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Every hoster i looked up (hiperz, g-portal, ckras, eoreality) disqualified themselves by looking at their webpage.

I don’t need any 1000fps server (tf2 is locked at 66), performance kits (disable stuff for marketing, yay!), incomprehensible options (HLTV Recorder for 6hrs per week. Wtf is “hltv recorder” anyway and why only 6hrs per week?). I don’t want PingBooster or ESL readiness.

Yepp, i could get yet another dedicated root server, but i don’t really want to spend even more time on setup and administration.

Last edited by dave,

wpminnows

[PG]

i use fragnet and it’s pretty good

Skyride

DUCS

They’re all a bit shit tbh. This was what i was trying to achieve when i started pixel gaming, but honestly it’s just a lot of work for not a lot of money.

Waebi

‹Con›

inb4 this turns into another “post your gameserver host” thread

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

They’re all a bit shit tbh. This was what i was trying to achieve when i started pixel gaming, but honestly it’s just a lot of work for not a lot of money.

That’s your own fault though; you could’ve easily asked for more :)

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

The answer is no.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

That’s your own fault though; you could’ve easily asked for more :)

Nah not really. Even if I charged twice as much (which pretty much no one would pay), i’d still need to have 50+ customers to earn any reasonable amount of money.

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Nah not really. Even if I charged twice as much (which pretty much no one would pay), i’d still need to have 50+ customers to earn any reasonable amount of money.

Do it as a side job ? :)

ups

Quoted from Brainmaster

[…]
Do it as a side job ? :)

This was what i was trying to achieve when i started pixel gaming, but honestly it’s just a lot of work for not a lot of money.

A lot of work means a lot of time invested. Doubt calling it ‘a sidejob’ will achieve anything.

Last edited by ups,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

let’s form a non-bullshit gameserver hosting company all together then.

Califax

dyn.

Kinda off topic, but didn’t feel like making a new thread…

Has anyone got experience with Clanhost.nl servers?

humbug

.:ne:.

Have to agree with skyride. There isn’t any money in game server hosting now days because everyone is trying to undercut each other. The only time you get to make a decent amount of money is by having a large customer base like Skyride said. We rent servers out as people know just to help to cover the cost of our colocation. tbh we could probably get rid of one of our boxes and still run the same amount of servers.. but more’s better right :)

Slick

Epsilon

If you want to test a Epsilon Hiperz server, feel free to let me know. You can make your own idea when actually playing on it.

.muku

#T4F

bump! also looking for an good gameserver!

ash

(Legend)
:D

I stumbled upon a server by heidtec.org last night, and checked their homepage out of interest. Server seemed to be alright, no lags, good ping, whatever.

Does anyone have experience with them? They appear to be ‘rather’ cheap.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »