Forum

Dual Monitors

Created 8th March 2012 @ 00:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Destrutor

I tried to search but it appears to be broken atm.
I just got a new PC and monitor and I’m running dual monitors atm. Problem is I main solly and every time I flick my mouse to the right to do a rocket jump it clicks on the other screen and tabs me into whatever’s open there – itunes, firefox etc. I assume this is a fairly common bug so sorry for asking, google didn’t give any results!

wrock

vier

play in fullscreen?

beside this your mouse should not get outside the tf2 window until you press alt+tab

Destrutor

Quoted from wrock

play in fullscreen?

beside this your mouse should not get outside the tf2 window until you press alt+tab

Tried running in fullscreen, didn’t solve it.
That’s what I thought, it doesn’t happen in HoN as far as I can tell, although I don’t ever flick so violently in it.

Ghent

Team

Raw input?

Destrutor

Quoted from Ghent

Raw input?

Ok that seems to make it a lot harder to do alt-tab by accident, but it still happens if I move the mouse extremely quickly to the right. I would say that’s it solved, but I can just imagine something popping up behind me and me being unable to quickly shoot at them because I’ll be alt-tabbed.

Last edited by Destrutor,

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Yeah, i’ve been having the same problem. It seems like TF2 can’t keep up and center the cursor fast enough.
A quick and dirty fix that seems to work for me is setting my mouse’s DPI lower and upping the sensitivity ingame.

Jers1

tR67

I used to have the same problem with dual screens. I solved it by using Cursor Lock to prevent the cursor from moving out from the game’s area. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/MultiMonitor-Cursor-Lock.shtml

yach

Üb

You could try unlimiting your fps (assuming you can get 200-300)

Locking the mouse should work, if you’re using ultramon it also has that feature.
I haven’t had the issue in forever though so I thought it was somehow fixed :D

Destrutor

Quoted from Jers1

I used to have the same problem with dual screens. I solved it by using Cursor Lock to prevent the cursor from moving out from the game’s area. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/MultiMonitor-Cursor-Lock.shtml

Cheers! That got it to work perfectly. Much love <3

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

I somehow got the idea that m_rawinput 1 solved this problem, might be worth a shot. With less applications running in the background there are less things that can go wrong.

Last edited by ell,

Add A Reply Pages: 1