Forum

Mumble Overlay not working

Created 13th February 2012 @ 14:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Selek

Dr. med.

Hello,

since every competitive TF2 player (and possibly his/her mother) seems to use Mumble, I thought I might ask here.

The overlay doesn’t work for me in TF2. I activated/deactivated it several times, restarted TF2 and so on. But the overlay just isn’t there. Do I have to play TF2 in fullscreen instead of windowed mode for it to work? The Teamspeak3 overlay works either way.

Relevant specs:
Win 7 Pro 64
AMD HD 6950
newest drivers/mumble version
1680×1050 windowed/noborder
AA/AF activated or deactivated

What else can I try? Is there any more information you need for troubleshooting?

doks

umn windowed mode shouldnt be a problem.
Configure/settings/overlay and maybe try to move its position

Jers1

tR67

Try adding hl2.exe to Whitelist, which can be found under Overlay expections.

Selek

Dr. med.

Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, none of them worked :-(
The preview window looks good, I can tune everything… but no overlay.

I tried SWTOR as well, no overlay either. Strange stuff…

Last edited by Selek,

Mits

If it’s any comforting to you, i can’t get my mumble overlay to work in any game at all, it will just make the game not launch :D

pashy

Try to launch mumble first, connect to any server, & then launch tf2

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Mits

If it’s any comforting to you, i can’t get my mumble overlay to work in any game at all, it will just make the game not launch :D

Haha, not really comforting, but you have my condolences ;-)

Try to launch mumble first, connect to any server, & then launch tf2

I tried that. Many times.

AnimaL

-nod3d9ex

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from AnimaL

-nod3d9ex

Didn’t help either :-(

TviQ

ft.

Remove mat_antialias from the CFG add +mat_antialias 1 to launch options if it fixes it just let it be there if not remove it and start the game again

Quoted from TviQ

Remove mat_antialias from the CFG add +mat_antialias 1 to launch options if it fixes it just let it be there if not remove it and start the game again

Couldn’t you just set mat_antialias to 1 in the config? Or remove “mat_antialias 0” from the config and type “mat_antialias 1” in console ?

AnimaL

Quoted from SiriusA

[…]
Couldn’t you just set mat_antialias to 1 in the config?

why?

Last edited by AnimaL,

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from SiriusA

[…]
Couldn’t you just set mat_antialias to 1 in the config? Or remove “mat_antialias 0” from the config and type “mat_antialias 1” in console ?

You didnt quite understand what i proposed right? i said remove it because that might fix it

Selek

Dr. med.

Thanks for the suggestions again.

There was an evening where the overlay worked. Now it doesn’t anymore. I believe it worked once where I disabled custom AA settings in the Catalyst CC. There are so many variables which I think I tried now, but nothing seems to work. Strange stuff. The TS3 overlay still works flawlessly.

Waebi

‹Con›

thanks tviq, had nice white boxes instead of the names, fixed it <3

Add A Reply Pages: 1