Forum

Best CPU for price/performance

Created 12th October 2011 @ 21:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

DarkSlayer

Iv held off building a new rig until i knew the details on AMD’s bulldozer range- which have turned out to be a disappointment for gaming, so that brings me back to intels i5 2500k.

Can anyone think of a better cpu around that price range? i dont care if its amd or intel, i just want the best performance for around £200 – £250 (i want a constant 240 fps in tf2)

Cheers

DarkSlayer

im gunna guess this means the i5 is proberly my best choice :P

Sketch

MM

i5 2500 is best choice.

I have the old i5 750 and my minimum frames are 400 fps at mid. And 750 at Max

Have only got 2x ati 4850 and CPU is clocked at 4.3ghz

There is basically nothing that comes close to the price/ performance of that chip. Performance wise some i7 are better, but for their pricemark the return in fps is minimal. Hope this helps.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

i5 2500k is the best price/performance CPU, unless you can’t pay for it you should get an i3 2100 or Phenom II x4 955 (these will get you 240 stable fps too), and will stay be the best since bulldozer was such a disappoint.
Mix it up with a Hyper 212+ and get a nice mobo and you are fine for a few years.

Sketch

MM

I would fork out the extra cash myself. The i3 is a big hit on performance compared to the i5 as standard. I would want at least a 4.5ghz of out of it before considering a purchase and you just can’t guarantee that.

DarkSlayer

Quoted from WildEast

i5 2500k is the best price/performance CPU, unless you can’t pay for it you should get an i3 2100 or Phenom II x4 955 (these will get you 240 stable fps too), and will stay be the best since bulldozer was such a disappoint.
Mix it up with a Hyper 212+ and get a nice mobo and you are fine for a few years.

yer il be going for a i5 2500k and a decent cooler. atm i have a phenom x4 955 which only manages 90 -120 fps at mid and around 120 – 240 everywhere else- but this may be due to windows 7 having been not reinstalled for a while.

Cheers guys

Forsak3n

S

got i5 2500k few days ago. Getting stable 200fps without oc ;p

Le meme arrows

I’m getting that on my old Phenom II x4 955 which costs half the price of 2500k.

LOLiver

.flac

[trolling]Bulldozer[/trolling]

quad

i5 2500k

Like srsly.. 300fps stable everywhere.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Do your penises grow bigger when you lie about your fps?

Sketch

MM

pc envy

you massive nerd

Taoism

looks more like a suck my intel cpu thread instead of a price/performance thread

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I5 2500k in a heartbeat. I bought a shitty am3+ in hope of bulldozer being any good but whats the point anymore….

Zadkiel

yet another vote for the i5 2500K, it’s what I went with in my current build and I’d recommend it to anyone. Stable and easy overclock at 4.2GHz using the stock retail intel fan and a tiny uATX case with limited airflow, it’s a fantastic processor at a great price.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »