Forum

TF2 freezing constantly

Created 21st September 2011 @ 16:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Zadkiel

I had the same thing for years, it only happened in TF2, no other games, including other source games and much more graphically demanding ones, so I spent a LOT of time assuming it was a software issue.

But no matter what I did, TF2 reinstall, different graphics configs, different drivers, uninstalling AV software – even at one point a complete OS & Steam reinstall, nothing fixed it.

The problem persisted through severe hardware changes too.

So I sat down one day and tried to identify what HADN’T changed since the problem started, and found only 1 thing – my graphics card. I didn’t think that was the issue, because as I said the problem was only in TF2, but the card was a few years old (a GTX285) and the only component I hadn’t replaced in a recent rebuild, so I bought a new card, and wham, freezes stopped. Not had a single one in the 4-5 months since then.

So, even though the card was absolutely fine for everything else except TF2, it does seem the card had some sort of issue that only happened in TF2.

:/

You might wanna try formating the HDD your Steam is on, and check if the health of the HDD is still fine.
I remember that last year I had alot of stuttering – which got even worse month by month – because my HDD not being able to load files quickly enough during the game. (Especially when entering different areas of maps it was noticeable). I also had incredible loading times. Both problems were fixed once I got another HDD and moved Steam there

Just throwing this in here, incase it might help!

tape

do you use w-lan?

psunfragga

cc//

I’ve had this problem too with a nvidia 260, any of the 200 series just seem to be shocking with TF2 these days. Upgraded my card now, the only “freeze” i get is the random pingspike when i try to push choke.

Last edited by psunfragga,

arc

iSlam

I’ve had the same problem for a while now and my teams medic has it as well i think.

I’ve had the same graphics card for ages though and the problem only started a few months ago if i remember right :/

luzik

Suoli
moog

So I guess it’s related to grapchics card. That’s a shame.

And no, I don’t use wlan.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Valve doing GPU manufacturers a favour by forcing people to upgrade.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Is this only happening to people with nVidia cards?

skinnie

TCM

got the same problem with my gtx260

it only started recently for me tho, like a couple of weeks ago

I have the same problem (tried everything), but I have an ATi card.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Wait, when people are freezing, does it look like this: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=rZ6LMJa3z8E

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

I will swap gcards around this weekend and report back

tf2 is dead

i had this then i fixed it

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

fml, I just got a gtx 560 as a replacement for my hd5850 that didn’t work properly either :(

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

Same problem here. Validated + defragged TF2 today, dunno if that helped yet (haven’t played since)..

@ ATI HD4850

Last edited by LuckyLuke,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »