Forum

TF2 freezing constantly

Created 21st September 2011 @ 16:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

luzik

Suoli
moog

My game is freezing for couple of seconds about every 5 minutes. Sometimes even more often. Also when the freeze happens my mumble goes quiet and my voice isn’t recorded in mumble.

For example CSS is not freezing like TF2.

What I have tried:
– Validate game files
– Defrag game files
– Reinstall TF2
– Disabling fps_max

Nothing worked. Any ideas what might cause this?

Last edited by luzik,

Blooddrunk

Nein

Do you have fps_max activated? Someone told me that is the reason. Try to disable it.

tasKu

e-famous

Last edited by tasKu,

luzik

Suoli
moog

Quoted from Blooddrunk

Do you have fps_max activated? Someone told me that is the reason. Try to disable it.

Disabled it, didn’t help. This is getting really annoying.

konr

Same.

Mak

<3

Quoted from konr

Same.

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from konr

Same.

IPZIE

SUAVE

my game freezes and my hud_minmode changes to 0 again :D
thats one annoyin thing :D

Moose

[MIPC]

Same thing here, no idea what causes it.

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

Happens on my intel e8400 but not on my i5

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Have it too. i5, nvidia gtx 560, Windows XP 32-bit Pro.

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

Been having the same problem for about 2 months now. Also tried validating, defrag and fps_max 0

m-ex

v. existence

got that problem for a month, was running the game in a window mode.

yesterday made fullscreen, and dxlevel 81, well, it helped, now i can play, but some times there are some freezes, but not so annoying like they was neverending )

vøid

e8500 and gtx560

i have this problem since i have the gtx560
but i dont really care actually

Zadkiel

I had the same thing for years, it only happened in TF2, no other games, including other source games and much more graphically demanding ones, so I spent a LOT of time assuming it was a software issue.

But no matter what I did, TF2 reinstall, different graphics configs, different drivers, uninstalling AV software – even at one point a complete OS & Steam reinstall, nothing fixed it.

The problem persisted through severe hardware changes too.

So I sat down one day and tried to identify what HADN’T changed since the problem started, and found only 1 thing – my graphics card. I didn’t think that was the issue, because as I said the problem was only in TF2, but the card was a few years old (a GTX285) and the only component I hadn’t replaced in a recent rebuild, so I bought a new card, and wham, freezes stopped. Not had a single one in the 4-5 months since then.

So, even though the card was absolutely fine for everything else except TF2, it does seem the card had some sort of issue that only happened in TF2.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »