Forum

Weirdest problem with a microphone ever

Created 18th August 2011 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Basically I got my new computer, installed Windows 7, got all the drivers, got Internet, got Steam, got Mumble.
The thing is, I can hear people in Mumble, but they cannot hear me. When I push my push-to-talk button they can hear echos of themselves or even music I am playing in youtube.
It happens while using the front as well as the rear connections.
And with both, my old (Speedlink Medusa) and my new (Sennheisser PC 360) headset, which were both working fine before.
Also while trying it on a different computer with my two headsets I get the same result, I can hear but not talk.
I have no idea, drivers are updated, there is nothing that could have broken the headsets, …
I am desperate for help. :(

pena

Sounds like if mumble used stereo mix as your voice input device.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Sounds like it has to be either ghosts or aliens….or you’ve lost your voice after smoking to much and your weird little brain is telling you you’re speaking when all you’re doing is a goldfish impression?

Good luck, most weird indeed.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Any idea how to fix it? :/

Sunbather

maksa

aww I had this too once, the problem is with the driver, you should reinstall it, at least it worked for me

Last edited by Sunbather,

Monkeh

Windows sound options, input device….
or mumble equivalent?

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Sunbather

aww I had this too once, the problem is with the driver, you should reinstall it, at least it worked for me

Used the drivers that came with the Mainboard at first, from Jan 2011. Thought it might be the drivers as well, and updated to (I think) the newest version from June 2011 or so.

Shifty

I had that when i first installed mumble and what fixed it was forcing the TCP mode.
No idea why that fixes it though.

dauk

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/260147-10-microphone-play-back-output-audio#t2180278

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from pena

Sounds like if mumble used stereo mix as your voice input device.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

How do I change that then? :x

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I spent a couple of hours on Sonny’s PC last night via TeamViewer and his Mumble and Windows settings are correct (as far as my basic German understanding goes).

When we were testing the microphone on it’s own, by looping back in Windows – he was unable to hear his own voice. This tells us quite clearly that the setting is not an issue in mumble but rather something in Windows, the headset or in the sound card software itself. He said he tested two different headsets, which both worked a couple of weeks ago, so I find it very unlikely that both have died.

It’s a very odd problem and it is similar to as suggested above – except it would be a setting in the sound card’s software management program. I went through the Realtek HD Audio Manager software a number of times and there is no obvious setting that has changed the microphone to play “what you hear” rather than wave input.

I’ve not seen this happen to the extent it has in the 7 years I’ve been doing PC repair. At the very least, people have always heard themselves looped back in Windows or had something like a Creative Audigy 2, which as a stupid default of “play what you hear” in the microphone.

Last edited by d2m,

huhystah

I had it too i think so, do you have realtek program? If so pm me on irc and i will have a look through teamviewer

IPZIE

SUAVE

i will keep my crap out of this thread – AA –

Last edited by IPZIE,

huhystah

Join irc again sonyblack :P

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »