Forum

resolution problem

Created 27th July 2011 @ 12:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

runy

eX.

After i updated my video card with the latest driver,i started TF2(with me ussualy settings 1024,768) and the screen was strange , the image shown only on the center of the monitor,on sides(2-3inches)was blank(on the both sides),i tried to change up my resolution from “Steam>TF2>Parameters”but its the same (somewhere appears black..) and in game,at settings i cant setup notiong at video because when the resolution is changing it remain a black screen…

If anybody know how can i setup my resolution at 1024,768 without any black side ,please contact me asap:)

Forsak3n

S

Re-install the drivers?

pykow

Sounds like a Driver problem if it turn black.

Reinstall your driver.
Or just add -autoconfig in your TF2 launch options so TF2 will reset your video settings

vøid

it happens when your resolution is lower than your native resolution
and it is driver sided.
i dont know how to fix it though

AnimaL

you dont have to reinstall shit

just find scaling options in graphics card control panel and figure out which setting is causing screen to have wrong aspect ratio

pykow

Why should you run on a lower resolution then your screen ?

AnimaL

Quoted from pykow

why not, i love response time 800×600 gives on laptop, rather than HDready and have seemingly input lag even at high fps

runy

eX.

Quoted from pykow

Because i was playing in that resolution for a long time…and its quite dificult to play with an anther one.. you know..alot of things are changed ,including the aim arrow’s size.

runy

eX.

Quoted from AnimaL

you dont have to reinstall shit

just find scaling options in graphics card control panel and figure out which setting is causing screen to have wrong aspect ratio

THANKS a lot man!!!
Problem solved!

Last edited by runy,

Add A Reply Pages: 1