Forum

Lag on all servers. normal ping, 40~ loss and 40~ choke

Created 22nd July 2011 @ 12:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Trath

Hi ya’ll.
Out of the blue, for the past week I have not been able to play TF2.
I am lagging all the time, but it gets really bad when i see more people on screen.
What happens in detail is that all the players sort of “freeze” in there spot, I can still move and look around, and then they all get teleported to where they actually are. I suppose they probably see only me teleport as well (because it makes sense, and because NOBODY can hit me :D im like what they do in Dragon Ball Z, when they teleport from place to place).
So the game dosent get stuck, but its like its not getting info from the server as to WHATS HAPPENING.

It is 100% not a Graphics/Hardware problem, I have been exploring the matter for this whole week.
Offline Practice works 100% great as always, even when 16 players are on screen. Can watch demos at HD as if im playin. ( I advise everyone to go watch the latest match between k1ck eSports and TCM-Gaming. Was a really cool game and fun to watch :) )

Ive got an I7 920 and HD4870, on a wireless internet.
Never had problems till now, it just popped out of nowhere.

I searched and searched the matter, playing with Net settings and stuff, but to no use.
In general, I can see on the net_graph that my Loss and Choke are at 40, then they slowly go down to around 6, then go back up to 40+. If I see alot of players, it even gets to like 50+ sometimes.
I dont know why this started happening thou. I didnt update my wireless driver or anything.

If you had this problem or think you know how to fix it, please tell me, I’ll try anything except:
Change graphic settings to Low.
Change net settings (cmdrate,updaterate,interp and such).
Change CFG to some FPS cfg.

I have tried all of the above in various forms and none of them helped.
Does this mean its the isp FO SO?

Thanks ya’ll,
Trath

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

– Try plugging in with a cable into your modem/router
– Does this happen in other online games?

Yetin the Cretin

I had this problem when I shared a wireless router. Sounds to me like someone is whoring your bandwidth. Try putting 192.168.0.1 or something similar to that to get into the router and see if anyone else is using it. Cut them off! Well maybe not but I always found if someone was streaming stuff my TF2 would just lag like a biatch. Especially after I’ve gone through a teleporter, or see the enemy. Gl.

Trath

Quoted from Yetin the Cretin

I had this problem when I shared a wireless router. Sounds to me like someone is whoring your bandwidth. Try putting 192.168.0.1 or something similar to that to get into the router and see if anyone else is using it. Cut them off! Well maybe not but I always found if someone was streaming stuff my TF2 would just lag like a biatch. Especially after I’ve gone through a teleporter, or see the enemy. Gl.

yeah I thought about this one. I guess I should change my password and see what happens?
only thing that dosent make sense, is that I lag ALWAYS even at 1AM,6AM or 4PM.
But ill give it a try.
How do I see who is connected?

Trath

Quoted from Tapley ❤

– Try plugging in with a cable into your modem/router
– Does this happen in other online games?

Funny thing is no, it dosen’t.
Thats what makes it so strange. I have Uninstalled and re-installed, deleted TF Directory but still nothin. I will upload a net_graph pic in a sec.

Yetin the Cretin

Maybe they are downloading loads of stuff 24/7.

Trath

Quoted from Yetin the Cretin

Maybe they are downloading loads of stuff 24/7.

DUDE, MAD PROPS.
I cant believe the one of the simplest things to come to mind was it.
I changed mah Wireless password, and NO LAG.
Only problem is, ima have to play cat and mouse with however it is, because he can hack it again and again…

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Trath

[…]
DUDE, MAD PROPS.
I cant believe the one of the simplest things to come to mind was it.
I changed mah Wireless password, and NO LAG.
Only problem is, ima have to play cat and mouse with however it is, because he can hack it again and again…

Made my day :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Trath

RADIUS, WPA2, cya.

Trath

Quoted from octochris

[…]

RADIUS, WPA2, cya.

I didnt understand what this “radius” thing is, but I do have that encryption on my router.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I think war had the same problems. but it wasnt related to any downloads.

Last edited by toogyboogy,

Add A Reply Pages: 1