Forum

Mouse Issues Connected to FPS Drops

Created 17th July 2011 @ 18:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1

poxie

So for the last couple of weeks I’ve been experiencing really irritating mouse/fps issues. Basically every time my FPS dips below the capped 120 frames per second my mouse will jitter and seem very sluggish when moving.

Initially I thought it was to do with my mouse polling rate, so I adjusted that – to no effect.

The FPS drops can occur, seemingly, at random and regardless of what is running in the background I can’t get the FPS stable.

I’m running Chris’ Maxframes Config (DX8), on a GTX260, Phenom II X2 550 and 4 GB DDR2 RAM

I assume running it on this set-up should pose no issue – although with the current state of performance with TF2 at the moment, I wouldn’t be surprised if I would require a supercomputer comparable to those being developed at IBM to run at a stable 120 FPS.

I am also using a Razer DeathAdder, the respawn edition one, on Windows 7 64Bit with the latest firmware and drivers

This issue only occurs in TF2 and not outside the game – I haven’t tested in any other game as I don’t have any at my disposal.

Any help?

I’m sure I’ve probably missed out some vital information – so just scold me and demand it.

poxie

Turns out Raw input was off – thought it was enabled by default in Chris’ config. Testing it atm – seems to have solved the issue which is odd.

If it doesn’t fix it I’ll come back and whine some more.

Hosain H

Royal`

I have a similar setup (w7 64 + deathadder) and this happens to me as well when esl wire is running. Probably not too helpful but make sure that virus isn’t on in the background :|

octochris

(0v0)

It’s not odd that it solves the issue considering the way that WM_MOUSEMOVE works. It’s not enabled by default in my config due to 100000x times xfire users in #christf2 asking why their mouse stopped working.

Last edited by octochris,

poxie

Didn’t solve the issue

ilike2spin

RLM

Same thing bro, glad someone made a thread, would like to hear of a fix.

poxie

Still experiencing the issue, would like to fix it before it drives me insane.

AnimaL

i allways thought its just hardware ur running or the drivers for hardware since i got two identical OS with same mouse but when ever i get under 60fps on laptop, it starts to give huuuge input lag… where my desktop just feels like under 60fps and has no mouse lag

gryzor

Try this: DISABLE vsync and ENABLE tripple buffering in the nvidia driver itself. I had similar issues a long time ago and this worked for me.

poxie

Quoted from gryzor

Try this: DISABLE vsync and ENABLE tripple buffering in the nvidia driver itself. I had similar issues a long time ago and this worked for me.

Seems to have worked for me, thank you very much man.

Add A Reply Pages: 1