Forum

fps drops since recent update.

Created 4th July 2011 @ 12:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Sketch

MM

since the f2p update i am getting massive frame drops in the game which is affecting the mouse movements.

i have tried a clean version of the game. running dx8 and it seems to have identical problems

i normally use chris high frames. but it just doesn’t seem to be helping

frames before update.

average 300 with 15 fps variance

frames now average 120 with 100 frame variance

i5 @4.2ghz
4gbram
2 4850’s in crossfire.
asus mobo
asus soundcard

any idea why my game is being so retarded?

dougiie

CotC

not just you mate. tobyy & skyride were talking about the drops they’ve had since the update.

wp valve etc

insanity

Theres probably something different that causes the massive drops you get.

Thats a huge difference, too big to come from a single update and for example, i can still play with my consistent 240 fps.

Using an i5 too.

ups

Are you having fps drops?

Welcome to TF2!

Sketch

MM

Well yea mine was capped at 280 before the update. so I cant see how this has happened. no update has ever affected my fps before, I have been lucky up until now I guess.

I’m gonna check through my bios tonight to make sure my OC hasn’t wiped. but I couldn’t even get a stable 120 frames on badlands last night. That is just ridiculous!

obviously this affects mouse movement as the fps drops are sudden and causes massive negative acceleration when it happens. dropping from 300 frames to 60 in a split second does not feel nice :(

tbh it doesnt look like the fps config is on… but i have been playing with it so long i doubt i could tell the difference

edit: oh and thanks for your useful post ups :D i have never been welcomed to the scene before! and i’ve only been playing since beta, so cheers its nice to be part of something ;D

Last edited by Sketch,

AnimaL

you do realise that this is just steam servers lagging out (same as it has been since… a year now??) only excepton is that since f2p it happens at least twice a night now… just live with it

oh and one way to prevent that frame dip: just go offline, if loadout servers dont go down ull be ok

Last edited by AnimaL,

Pikachu

LTG.
LTG.

Bad PC.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Rofl.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from AnimaL

you do realise that this is just steam servers lagging out (same as it has been since… a year now??) only excepton is that since f2p it happens at least twice a night now… just live with it

oh and one way to prevent that frame dip: just go offline, if loadout servers dont go down ull be ok

hmm that explains everything

Risky

Poo
Poo

Had this yesterday, had to disable crossfire to get my normal FPS back. Try that.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from AnimaL

really? how can that affect my fps? i know it can make me lag but seriously! fps drops caused by losing connection to a server :p

vani

Bully

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

really? how can that affect my fps? i know it can make me lag but seriously! fps drops caused by losing connection to a server :p

I dont know why connecting to steam makes you lag so much ingame, but this happens with the steam chat aswell. If your friends are “unavailable” and suddenly steam comes back online, I get some huge drops for a few seconds. Luckily its very rare that steam loses its connection. Otherwise than that I dont go bellow 300fps.

Wabbeh

Sorry to bump this but Ive been getting ~30 lower fps since the new update, one thing I have noticed is that the new particle effects (especially the scout purple doublejump thing and the medic dove taunt) just cut my fps in half, or in the case of the dove taunt lower it from ~100 to <10. :(

Norris

Quoted from Pikachu

Bad PC.

Sketch

MM

solution

buy 8 gb of ram and oc to 4.5 ghz :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »