Forum

Need help with Deathadder

Created 27th May 2011 @ 13:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Rwaket

About month ago I bought the Razer Deathadder. At first time using it my team was inactive and I played on publics as sniper / scout / soldier and was pretty glad to use it. It’s really nice for shooting. But my general class is medic and I don’t noticed uncomfortable movements cuz publics have low rates and fps, and it’s easy to play on public – I’m ever relaxed. So when my team began to play I was really pissed off because I can’t aim exactly on my teammates. Healing do not requires sharply / fast movements as, for example, sniping.

My settings in driver:
Master sensitivity – Axe X: 10 | Axe Y: 10
Windows pointer – 5
Acceleration (On) – 1
Sensitivity – 1
Universal scroll – X
On-The-Fly Sensitivity (Show on screen) – X
Polling rate – 1000Hz
3500DPI

Launch options:
-window -w 1280 -h 690 -dxlevel 81 -freq 75 -heapsize 1500000 -high

Net config:
cl_updaterate 66;
cl_cmdrate 66;
rate 60000;
cl_interp_ratio 1;
cl_interp 0.0100;
cl_smooth 1;
cl_smoothtime 0.01;
cl_pred_optimize 2;

Ingame settings:
sensitivity 6.20
m_rawinput 1

Want some help from people with deathadder.

Last edited by Rwaket,

turn acceleration off

Rwaket

Quoted from mikakoTABE

turn acceleration off

Tried – a bit harder to play without it. Anyway it’s hard to aim.

Last edited by Rwaket,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Use 450 DPI and adjust sens ingame. Deathadder works best on 450 DPI.

Rwaket

I tried 450 DPI and 125Hz as it was on my old optical mouse – X7 740K, but deathadder is lazer.
Also I tried: -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd. Mouse movement became more comfortable, but unexactly aim still disturbing.

Last edited by Rwaket,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Use 450 DPI, 1000Hz, razer sens 10, windows sens 6, ingame sens what ever you want.

Anathema

Acceleration should really be off.
I also cannot imagine why you would play sniper with a higher sensitivity than medic.

Swarlz

Maybe you just have bad aim?

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Rwaket

[…]
Tried – a bit harder to play without it. Anyway it’s hard to aim.

Really, I was exactly like this, turn it off and adapt, you really will notice considerable differences.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Swarlz

Maybe you just have bad aim?

BOOM bomb has been dropped.

Also where has this 450 dpi thing come from? :s

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from Si^

[…]

BOOM bomb has been dropped.

Also where has this 450 dpi thing come from? :s

From the old intellimice or something, I presume

Pretty stupid if you ask me

Anyway, turn accel off, uninstall the drivers, install the mouse fixes for windows, and run driverless, you really don’t need them unless you want to run at 450 dpi for some inane reason.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

Anyway, turn accel off, uninstall the drivers, install the mouse fixes for windows, and run driverless, you really don’t need them unless you want to run at 450 dpi for some inane reason.

Uh, IEM’s are really good mice (when running at higher polling rates)…

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

I get a lot of negative accel above 450 DPI on my DA. I’m a twitch player, so it really messes me up.

Rwaket

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

Which mouse fixes exactly? And my deathadder won’t work withour driver.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Uh, IEM’s are really good mice (when running at higher polling rates)…

Oh, sorry, yeah they are, I was referring to running a deathadder at 450 DPI

Quoted from Rwaket

[…]

Which mouse fixes exactly? And my deathadder won’t work withour driver.

Have you tried using your DA without drivers? I went and tried it on a few machines, XP, Vista, 7, and it worked fine without having the drivers installed on all of them, you may be pleasantly surprised ))

(Oh and I think if you set it to 450dpi, it stores that profile in the mouse and will stay there if you remove the drivers, not 100% on this though, try it perhaps)

As for mouse fixes, depends which OS you’re running, you may find this of use: http://www.phoon.us/mouse/ – But to sum it up, make sure your setting in Windows is on the 6th of the 11 notches available (the middle one, count them carefully?), then use Cheese Fix for XP/Vista, or MarkC for 7. Best to turn off “enhance pointer precision” too.

Bear in mind, it’s going to feel fucking weird for about a week, and you’ll feel like you couldn’t hit a wall you were standing next to, it’ll pass.

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

I get a lot of negative accel above 450 DPI on my DA. I’m a twitch player, so it really messes me up.

Weird. Bad Mouse, bad mat, older version of the mouse? According to Skylit (maybe not the most reliable resource, but best we have), that shouldn’t happen – https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AosJbEwEG9GpdEpBMGc1ZXo0S3BLQm1YQ09jeVZ6bEE

I also twitch, have the 3.5G DA, 1800DPI, Roccat Taito (lolbad?), no problems.

Last edited by Cloud,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »