Forum

-dxlevel 81 Not Registering

Created 8th February 2011 @ 18:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1

FIR

SnG

Well I have a whole string of commands in my advanced options, and -dxlevel 81 is one of them.

However, after the recent update, I find that my TF2 starts at DX9 instead of DX8 as directed by the command. I’ve tried reinputting the command, tried autoconfig and reset the commands, and all sorts of things, but it will not start at DX8. This gives me serious problems with performance, and it often makes me lag a bit when I have uber (NOT fps drop, but ping spike) with the results often being unpleasant.

I understand Chris can help me with this (ty Spike). Sorry if it’s not technically correct, my tech language is as terrible as my Sanskrit.

inb4 get a better comp/gfx card

Greg

I don’t if this will help whatsoever but, last time I had problems with -dxlevel 81. I was instructed (by chris) to try -dxlevel 85 instead, worked a treat.

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

you can set dxlevel with this registry key

to set DirectX level: Win+R (or Start – Run), “regedit”, HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareValveSourcetfSettings, DXLevel_V1, second radio button. 80 is DirectX8, 81 is DX81, 90 is DX9, 95 is DX9+

Dorkan

FB

Just in case, check that you typed perfectly all the previous commands to -dxlevel, if you misstyped something -dxlevel gets ignored by launch options.

Last edited by Dorkan,

Add A Reply Pages: 1