Forum

PC Crashing

Created 29th September 2010 @ 20:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

Alright, so my PC randomly crashes, most commonly whilst im playing games. I’ve checked my GPU and CPU temps, they are all fine (50/60 max). I’ve replaced my RAM and bought a new CPU cooler, neither of which are helping. I’ve also replaced my graphic card with my housemate, this doesn’t solve the problem either.

When I crash, the sound loops and blocks appear on the screen. This is driving me fucking INSANE and I need help badly, could it be my HDD playing up? specs..

Q6600 processor
8800 GTX
4 gigs of RAM
Window 7…….

AnimaL

if by blocks u mean gpu artifacts

then

gpu itself or bad/weak psu

laress

I have exactly same problems when my graphic card gettin’ down.

dannye

cb.

looking as dying psu.

Last edited by dannye,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Might be HDD, might be PSU.
Scan for bad sectors (HDD Regenerator)? Try underclocking (might be unrelated, but this has done wonders for me sometimes).

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

I forgot to mention that I bought a new PSU (850watt) when I bought my 4870 a year ago, however I replaced it with a 8800 because it was running badly for some strange reason.

Thanks for the advice so far though, i’ll give some of it a go… keep it coming :]

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

Ok, so i’ve borrowed a friend’s formatted hard drive and it is still crashing (but running a lot more smoothly) I’ve underclocked to 2ghz and about to play some pcws – hopefully this will solve the issue! Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by Fisshu,

Psyche

actually I have the exact same problem, though I do think it is my shit GPU acting up and overheating…

karit

edit : nvm, just noticed you use w7 too

Last edited by karit,

Add A Reply Pages: 1