Forum

A TF2-modded story

Created 22nd February 2010 @ 08:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

trams

-><-

Sorry for some bad english ;)

Let’s say a guy named Roger is attracted to a girl who we can call Helen. He asks if they should go to the movies, she says yes, they have a fun evening together. A few nights later Roger invites Helen out to dinner, and again, they have a lovely evening.
They continue to meet each other again and again, and after a while they are not seeing anyone else.

And so, one evening when Roger sits in front of his computer and plays TF2, a thought hits Helen, and, thinking out lod, she says: ‘Do you realize that tonight, it’s exactly six months since we started going out together? ”
Silence follows in the room, and Helen thinks it has become very quiet.
She thinks to herself: Gee, I wonder if it disturbs him that I said so.
Maybe he feels trapped in our relationship, maybe he thinks I’m trying to drag him into something permanent, that he is not ready for.

And Roger is thinking: God. Six months.

And Helen thinks: I’m not sure I want a relationship like this. Sometimes I wish I had a bit more room for myself so that I could think about whether I really want to be involved in this, as we are steadily moving towards. . . yes, what are we going to?
Will we continue to meet each other at this level of intimacy? Are we heading for a marriage? Against children? In a life together forever? am I ready to make such a commitment? do I really know this person?

And Roger is thinking:. . . so it becomes. . . let’s see now … September, when we started going out with each other, yeah right, I remember, it was just after the classless update, and it means that valve have had over 2 years to nerf the demo man, balanced classes? 2 lame stickys and you are dead.

And Helena is thinking: He’s upset. I can see it on his face. Maybe I understand this completely wrong! Maybe he wants more out of our relationship. More intimacy, more dedication, perhaps, he discovered – even before I did it myself – that I am being reserved. Yes, it must be. That is why he didnt want to say something about his own feelings. He is afraid of getting burned.

And Roger is thinking: And I’m going to get my ISP to check the connection again. I dont care what those morons say, it’s still not good. A ping of over 100 to German servers are NOT accepted and I hope they do not blame the wiring in the house this time. What wiring, anyway? Everything is brand new gigabit lan, I am paying those incompetent thieves 80 quid a month.

And Helena is thinking: He’s angry. And I cant blame him. I’d be angry too, furious. God, I feel so guilty when I drag him into something like this, but I can not help my feelings on this. I’m just not sure. . .

And Roger is thinking: They will probably say that it is only up to 100 Mbps and Im not guaranteed 100 Mbps, that is exactly what they will say, the ugly bastards.

And Helena is thinking: Maybe I am too idealistic, waiting for a knight to come riding on his white horse, when I sit next to a great guy, a person I like to be with on my spare time, a person I really care about, someone who cares about me. A person who is tortured right now, because of my self-centered school girl’s dream.

And Roger is thinking: Warranty? They want a warranty? I’ll give them a hell of warranty! I’ll take their modem and stuff it up their. . .

‘Roger,’ says Helen .
“What?” says Roger surprised.
‘Do not torture yourself like that,’ she says, at the same time as her eyes begin to overflow with tears.
‘Maybe I should. . Oh God, I feel so. . ‘. (Helen turns away, weeping.)
“What?” says Roger.
‘I’m an idiot, “sobs Helen. ‘I mean, I know that there is no knight. I know it. It is so stupid. There is no knight, and there will be no white horse. ”
‘Will there be no horse? ” says Roger.
‘You think Im stupid, right? ” says Helen.
“No!” says Roger, overjoyed to finally know a good answer.
‘It is just that. . . I. . I need more time, ‘says Helen.
(A 15 second pause follows in which Roger, thinking hard, trying to find a good answer. Finally, he find one that he thinks can work.) ‘Yes,’ he says.
(Helen, deeply moved, gently touches his hand.)
‘Oh, Roger, you really think so? ” she says.
‘About what? ” says Roger.
‘About time,’ Helen responds.
‘Aha,’ says Roger. ‘Yes.
‘(Helen turns towards him and stares deep into his eyes, and he becomes incredibly nervous about what she will say next, especially if it contains the word horse. Finally she says:
‘Thank you, Roger,’
‘Thanks,’ says Roger.

Roger drives Helen home, where she throws herself on her bed, full of conflict, tortured soul, crying until the sun rises, while Roger, when he comes to his apartment, eats a package of chocolate crackers, turn on the television and immediately falls in deep concentration as he sees a rerun of a womens tennis match between a Czech and a Slovak, which he had never heard of. A little voice in his back of the head says that something important happened in the flat this evening, but Roger is pretty sure he never will figure out what it was, so he decides that its best that he doesnt think about it. (This is also Roger’s policy regarding world hunger.) The next day, Helen will call her best friend, perhaps her two best friends, and they will talk about what happened in the flat last night, six hours straight. In minute detail, they will analyze everything she said and everything he said, they will go over it again and again, exploring every detail, word, expression, and gesture for nuances of significant meaning.
They will continue to discuss it, on and off, in the following weeks, maybe even months, but will not come up with any good conclusion. Nor will they get bored of it.

Roger, on the other hand, will make a short break just before his weekly soldier 1on1 match, which he plays with one of Helena’s oldest friends, wrinkle his forehead, and say over mumble:

“Viktor, did Helen ever had a horse?”

Last edited by trams,

ilike2spin

RLM

eh?

shank

vs

hah reminds me i can actualy read xD.
nice story btw :P

dannye

cb.

good story bro

ups

That’s some enjoyable story mate :)

Timon

Argh, so much words hurting my brains O_O
No nice one tbh :)

Skyride

DUCS

tl;dr : Women still over-analyse and men still don’t understand why. News at 11

nice story. :)

tf2chef

skyride, you’re an ugly 16 year old with dreadfully bad hair – what the fuck could you possibly know about women?

Last edited by tf2chef,

tragett

Quoted from tf2chef

skyride, you’re an ugly 16 year old with dreadfully bad hair – what the fuck could you possibly know about women?

more than you

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from tf2chef

Obviously more than you? Seriously, grow up.

tf2chef

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Obviously more than you? Seriously, grow up.

roffle

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from tf2chef

i like the part where you implied that being a troll on a forum that cooler people couldn’t give a shit about makes you a hit with the ladies

tf2chef

yes, that was an implication of my post – clearly my statement has a message hidden within it saying “women love me because i troll forums”

Zappah

nou

lol nice

Insanity

X(

tf2chef > Skyride, traget

funny story bro

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »